1. Which describes a plant, not an animal?
- Growth is restricted to special growing points called meristems (mainly the tip of the roots and shoots)
- All regions of the body grow
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. Animals have a greater variety of organs and tissues than plants so..
- Growing all over makes sure these grow in conjunction with each other
- Growing from certain points means that these can continue to work together
3. What is the name given to areas of growth in a plant where stem cells are formed?
4. Which stem cells are slightly more useful because they have a greater power of differentiation?
- Bone marow
5. What is a zygote?
- Fertilised egg