1. ____________ have very simple main requirement - light and water - so growing at certain points allows them to concentrate on ways to do this
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which use of stem cells could be useful to potential cure human conditions but comes with ethical issues and the right to life?
- Bone marrow
3. What can stem cells be used for?
- To replace damaged cells of many different types
- To grow new people
4. Which describes an animal, not a plant?
- All regions of the body grow
- Growth is restricted to special growing points called meristems (mainly the tip of the roots and shoots)
5. Which is not an example of stem cells?
- Certain adult tissues (e.g. bone marrow)
- In the growing points (meristems) of plants
- Skin tissue