1. What happens in digestion?
- waste food is removed from the body
- soluble food substances are made into insoluble ones
- food is stored inside the body until it is needed
- insoluble food substances are broken up into soluble ones
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is used to test a food for starch?
- iodine solution
- fehling's solution
- benedict's solution
3. Which is a food substance found in many foods?
- carbon dioxide
4. What is the digested food used for inside our bodies?
- to provide energy and chemicals to make new substances
- to provide substances to make sure that the blood does not become too runny
- to provide energy only
- to help us go to the toilet more easily
5. Which of these people will need to eat the most food in a day?
- An 85-year-old woman
- A 25-year-old woman, who works in an office using a word processor
- A 35-year-old man, who works outside cutting down trees
- A 3-year-old child