1. Which experiment is an example of induction?
- Roux's studies into mosaic development
- Driesch's separating of early cells
- Amphibian organiser
- Transgenic animals
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is not true about Bicoid?
- It is responsible for development of head structures
- Bicoid mutants show no posterior structures
- It activates Hunchback gene
- It is a transcription factor
3. Which is not a muscle-specific protein?
- Phosphate kinase
4. Which statement is correct?
- One transcription factor can activate and/or repress more than one gene
- Transcription can only be regulated by intrinsic factors
- Most genes are initially active
- The transcription initiation complex forms when DNA polymerase binds to a promotor region
5. What is a morphogen?
- A chemical produced throughout a cell
- A chemical which causes mutations
- A chemical which forms a concentration gradient
- A molecule which is sensed by cell-surface receptors