1. Which experiment is an example of induction?
- Transgenic animals
- Roux's studies into mosaic development
- Amphibian organiser
- Driesch's separating of early cells
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which is correct?
- Sclerotome forms nervous tissue
- Myotome forms blood
- Sclerotome forms vertebrae and ribs
- Myotome forms cardiac muscle
3. Which statement is incorrect?
- Animal cap cells are fated to become neural
- Animal cap cells develop differently depending on whether they are placed onto dorsal or ventral cells
- Animal cap cells combined with dorsal vegetal cells develop into blood
- Often more cells are competent to respond to a signal than actually do
4. What is not a step in muscle development?
- Arrangement of proteins into fibres
- Upregulation of MyoD
- Expression of myoblastic protein
- Formation of a syncytial cell
5. Which is true?
- KO mice for MyoD do not develop muscle
- MyoD is sufficient to direct muscle fate
- MyoD acts with Myd6
- MyoD is required for muscle fate