1. Which statement is incorrect?
- Animal cap cells are fated to become neural
- Animal cap cells combined with dorsal vegetal cells develop into blood
- Often more cells are competent to respond to a signal than actually do
- Animal cap cells develop differently depending on whether they are placed onto dorsal or ventral cells
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the name for cells that are determined early and develop on their own?
3. Which is correct?
- Sclerotome forms vertebrae and ribs
- Myotome forms blood
- Myotome forms cardiac muscle
- Sclerotome forms nervous tissue
4. What happens to animal cells when an animal cap is transplanted onto vegetal cells?
- Develop into muscle
- Develop into epidermis
- Develop into neural cells
5. Which statement is correct?
- Most cells have their fate determined early
- Most development is regulative
- Most cells develop autonomously
- Only intrinsic factors affect development