1. What is not true about Bicoid?
- It activates Hunchback gene
- It is responsible for development of head structures
- Bicoid mutants show no posterior structures
- It is a transcription factor
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which statement is incorrect?
- Animal cap cells are fated to become neural
- Animal cap cells develop differently depending on whether they are placed onto dorsal or ventral cells
- Animal cap cells combined with dorsal vegetal cells develop into blood
- Often more cells are competent to respond to a signal than actually do
3. Which is not true about MyoD?
- Is not involved in muscle contraction
- Part of the helix-loop-helix family
- Expressed in all cells
- Maintains a positive feedback loop
4. What is not a step in muscle development?
- Arrangement of proteins into fibres
- Upregulation of MyoD
- Expression of myoblastic protein
- Formation of a syncytial cell
5. Which statement is correct?
- Most cells have their fate determined early
- Only intrinsic factors affect development
- Most development is regulative
- Most cells develop autonomously