1. Which is correct?
- Sclerotome forms nervous tissue
- Myotome forms blood
- Sclerotome forms vertebrae and ribs
- Myotome forms cardiac muscle
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which statement is correct?
- One transcription factor can activate and/or repress more than one gene
- Most genes are initially active
- The transcription initiation complex forms when DNA polymerase binds to a promotor region
- Transcription can only be regulated by intrinsic factors
3. What transcription factor controls muscle development?
4. Which is not true about MyoD?
- Part of the helix-loop-helix family
- Maintains a positive feedback loop
- Expressed in all cells
- Is not involved in muscle contraction
5. What is a morphogen?
- A chemical which forms a concentration gradient
- A chemical produced throughout a cell
- A chemical which causes mutations
- A molecule which is sensed by cell-surface receptors