1. What did Robertson find?
- That if separation is minimised and substiute emotional care provided, deprivation can be stopped
- Children will always do badly if separated for any amount of time
- John accepted his mother happily back after not seeing her for a while
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is reactive attachment disorder?
- When children only form attachments with their adopted parents
- When some children never form an attachment
- When some children experience early attachment disruptions and never recover : Inability to give or receive affectin
- When children are put up for adoption but are still visited
3. What is a culture not studied for monotropy?
- America (Simone)
- Efe tribe (Tronick et al)
- Kibutz (Fox)
- Ganda tribe of Uganda (Ainsworth)
4. What is evidence that privation is reversible?
- Reactive attachment studies
- Czech Twins
- Hodges and Tizard : Adolescents
5. When could maternal rejection not occur?
- Jones et al : Middle class women who have an unwanted child and push their guilt into anger
- Ainsworth : When the mother is sensitive to their child's needs
- Flangan : When a mother doesn't want you and gives you up for adoption