1. What percentage of the affection less psychopaths (16) has elongated seperation?
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who found evidence for the maternal deprivation hypothesis?
- Curtiss: Genie
- Koluchova : Czech
- Bowlby: Affection less psychopaths
- Tizard and Hodges : Institution adoptees
3. When could maternal rejection not occur?
- Jones et al : Middle class women who have an unwanted child and push their guilt into anger
- Ainsworth : When the mother is sensitive to their child's needs
- Flangan : When a mother doesn't want you and gives you up for adoption
4. What is not an evaluation point of Bowlby's MDH?
- May be down to individual differences
- Most studies were done in intitutions where children where not just emotionally deprived but physically deprived
- Causing harm to the participants
- Doesn't distinguish between privation and deprivation
- Influential, Now people can visit hospitals at all hoursHodge
- Bowlby found no ill effects of children under 4 with tuberculosis
- Association doesn't mean a cause
5. What did Robertson find?
- That if separation is minimised and substiute emotional care provided, deprivation can be stopped
- Children will always do badly if separated for any amount of time
- John accepted his mother happily back after not seeing her for a while