1. Who did Robertson and Robertson study?
- Genie , 13 years abused and neglected, couldn't speak
- John, 9 days in a residential nursery, became withdrawn clung to his teddy
- Hans, afraid of horses because of the Oedipus complex
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is reactive attachment disorder?
- When children only form attachments with their adopted parents
- When some children never form an attachment
- When some children experience early attachment disruptions and never recover : Inability to give or receive affectin
- When children are put up for adoption but are still visited
3. What is not one of the three main things in the maternal deprivation hypothesis?
- Occur at a critical pieriod
- Cold and Abrupt
- Relationships have to be continuous
4. Who didn't conduct a study into the MDH?
- Flanagan: Boy not adopted till 18 months developed reactive attachment disorder
- Rutter et al : Romanian orphans adopted before 6 months had normal development, but those over developed disinhibited attachments
- Rutter et al: 111 Romainian orphans milestone catch up
- Quinton et al : Institutionalized women had trouble raising children
5. Who found evidence for the maternal deprivation hypothesis?
- Koluchova : Czech
- Bowlby: Affection less psychopaths
- Curtiss: Genie
- Tizard and Hodges : Institution adoptees