1. What is not an evaluation point of Bowlby's MDH?
- Influential, Now people can visit hospitals at all hoursHodge
- Association doesn't mean a cause
- Most studies were done in intitutions where children where not just emotionally deprived but physically deprived
- Doesn't distinguish between privation and deprivation
- Causing harm to the participants
- Bowlby found no ill effects of children under 4 with tuberculosis
- May be down to individual differences
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did Skeels and dye find?
- 20 years later any good effects no longer were present
- When raised in an institution IQ's of orphans increased from 64 to 92 points
- When raised with mentally retarded women, IQ's of deprivated orphans increased from 64 to 92 points
- When raised with mentally retarded women, IQ's of deprivated orphans decreased from 87 to 61 points
3. What is reactive attachment disorder?
- When children only form attachments with their adopted parents
- When some children never form an attachment
- When some children experience early attachment disruptions and never recover : Inability to give or receive affectin
- When children are put up for adoption but are still visited
4. What is not a evaluation point of Bowlby's 44 theives?
- Correlation so cause cannot be drawn
- Retrospective data
5. Who did Robertson and Robertson study?
- John, 9 days in a residential nursery, became withdrawn clung to his teddy
- Hans, afraid of horses because of the Oedipus complex
- Genie , 13 years abused and neglected, couldn't speak