1. What is not one of the three main things in the maternal deprivation hypothesis?
- Occur at a critical pieriod
- Cold and Abrupt
- Relationships have to be continuous
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is not an evaluation point of Bowlby's MDH?
- Association doesn't mean a cause
- May be down to individual differences
- Causing harm to the participants
- Doesn't distinguish between privation and deprivation
- Bowlby found no ill effects of children under 4 with tuberculosis
- Most studies were done in intitutions where children where not just emotionally deprived but physically deprived
- Influential, Now people can visit hospitals at all hoursHodge
3. When could maternal rejection not occur?
- Ainsworth : When the mother is sensitive to their child's needs
- Flangan : When a mother doesn't want you and gives you up for adoption
- Jones et al : Middle class women who have an unwanted child and push their guilt into anger
4. What is a culture not studied for monotropy?
- Ganda tribe of Uganda (Ainsworth)
- America (Simone)
- Kibutz (Fox)
- Efe tribe (Tronick et al)
5. Who did Robertson and Robertson study?
- John, 9 days in a residential nursery, became withdrawn clung to his teddy
- Hans, afraid of horses because of the Oedipus complex
- Genie , 13 years abused and neglected, couldn't speak