1. Which of these was the most non-successful isolation case study?
- John : Residential nursery, angry at mother for months afterwards
- Genie - 13 yrs, never recovered couldn't speak nor walk properly
- Czech twins :7, with rickets, adjusted after hopital placement
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who did Robertson and Robertson study?
- Genie , 13 years abused and neglected, couldn't speak
- John, 9 days in a residential nursery, became withdrawn clung to his teddy
- Hans, afraid of horses because of the Oedipus complex
3. What is not an evaluation point of Bowlby's MDH?
- Bowlby found no ill effects of children under 4 with tuberculosis
- Doesn't distinguish between privation and deprivation
- Influential, Now people can visit hospitals at all hoursHodge
- May be down to individual differences
- Association doesn't mean a cause
- Causing harm to the participants
- Most studies were done in intitutions where children where not just emotionally deprived but physically deprived
4. Who didn't conduct a study into the MDH?
- Quinton et al : Institutionalized women had trouble raising children
- Rutter et al : Romanian orphans adopted before 6 months had normal development, but those over developed disinhibited attachments
- Flanagan: Boy not adopted till 18 months developed reactive attachment disorder
- Rutter et al: 111 Romainian orphans milestone catch up
5. What is evidence that privation is reversible?
- Hodges and Tizard : Adolescents
- Reactive attachment studies
- Czech Twins