- Created by: Emily Lunnon
- Created on: 19-04-15 16:15
1. Which of the following is not a criticism of Linz made by Horowitz?
- his argument rests on a mechanistic 'caricatured' view of the presidency
- latin america's legacy of military dictatorships isn't accounted for
- his data is based on a regionally skewed and highly selective sample
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following is not a reason why the combination of presidentialism and multipartism is destabilizing according to Mainwaring?
- difficulties with interparty coalition building
- likely to produce legislative deadlock
- president can't be partisan enough
- more likely to produce ideological polarization
3. Which of the following is not a form of semi-presidentialism?
- president-parliamentism (PM and cabinet chosen by pres and responsible to it)
- premier-presidentialism (pres chosen by leg)
4. Which pair say 'economic crises represent one of the most common threats to democratic stability'?
- Linz and Diamond
- Cheibub and Ruby
- Sartori and Gold
- Huntington and Emerald
5. Who finds that in a study of 83 young democracies 'on average premier-presidential regimes have better freedom house scores and a better chance of democratic survival'?
- Moe and Caldwell