- Created by: Emily Lunnon
- Created on: 19-04-15 16:15
1. Who says that there must be sufficient social organisation and social capital for a society to have a revolution and times of crisis can make the collective action problem easier to solve?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following is not a reason why the combination of presidentialism and multipartism is destabilizing according to Mainwaring?
- more likely to produce ideological polarization
- president can't be partisan enough
- likely to produce legislative deadlock
- difficulties with interparty coalition building
3. Which pair distinguish between the 'rulers and the ruled' and the 'rich and the poor' in explaining the first wave of democratization?
- Boix and Stokes
- Beux and Stikes
- Stone and Bone
- Box and Stick
4. Who says 'what kills democracy is not presidentialism but rather their military legacy' referring to Latin America?
5. Which of the following is not one of Carothers' situations that can occur during 'transition' to democracy?
- dominant-power politics
- feckless pluralism