1. Which of the following is not a political institution required by large-scale modern democracy, according to Dahl's list?
- inclusive citizenship
- right to bear arms
- associational autonomy
- free, fair and frequent elections
- alternate sources of information
- freedom of expression
- elected officials (representative)
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Where can this passage be found: 'we hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness'?
- American Declaration of Independence
- American Bill of Rights
3. What is a fairer system of voting that majority wins?
- Lottery voting
4. What does Dahl say about guardianship?
- 'experts on tap, not on top'
- 'to govern a state well requires more than scientific knowledge'
5. Quote showing that democracy protects from tyranny of the majority?
- 'majority might does not make majority right'
- 'rule by all or rule by none'