1. Who says 'no state has ever possessed a government that fully measured up to the criteria of democratic process. None is likely to'?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Quote showing that democracy protects from tyranny of the majority?
- 'majority might does not make majority right'
- 'rule by all or rule by none'
3. What are Waldron's two categories of rights?
- rights consitutive of the democratic process and rights which embody the conditions necessary for the legitimacy of democracy
- rights to property and rights to privacy
4. Which of the following is not a political institution required by large-scale modern democracy, according to Dahl's list?
- right to bear arms
- alternate sources of information
- elected officials (representative)
- inclusive citizenship
- freedom of expression
- associational autonomy
- free, fair and frequent elections
5. How many wars were fought between 1945 and 1989, none between democracies?