1. Which of the following is not a political institution required by large-scale modern democracy, according to Dahl's list?
- right to bear arms
- inclusive citizenship
- free, fair and frequent elections
- associational autonomy
- elected officials (representative)
- alternate sources of information
- freedom of expression
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the law of time and numbers?
- the more citizens a democratic unit contains, the less that citizens can participate directly in government decisions and the more that they must delegate more authority to others'
- representatives cannot see all of there constituents for the practical reasons of time and numbers
3. How many wars were fought between 1945 and 1989, none between democracies?
4. Which of the following, according to Dahl's list, is not an opportunity provided for by democracy?
- gaining enlightened understanding
- effective participation
- guaranteeing liberty
- inclusion of adults
- equality in voting
- exercising final control over the agenda
5. What are Waldron's two categories of rights?
- rights consitutive of the democratic process and rights which embody the conditions necessary for the legitimacy of democracy
- rights to property and rights to privacy