1. What are Waldron's two categories of rights?
- rights consitutive of the democratic process and rights which embody the conditions necessary for the legitimacy of democracy
- rights to property and rights to privacy
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Quote showing that democracy protects from tyranny of the majority?
- 'majority might does not make majority right'
- 'rule by all or rule by none'
3. What is a fairer system of voting that majority wins?
- Lottery voting
4. What does Dahl say about guardianship?
- 'experts on tap, not on top'
- 'to govern a state well requires more than scientific knowledge'
5. What is the law of time and numbers?
- the more citizens a democratic unit contains, the less that citizens can participate directly in government decisions and the more that they must delegate more authority to others'
- representatives cannot see all of there constituents for the practical reasons of time and numbers