1. Which of the following is not a political institution required by large-scale modern democracy, according to Dahl's list?
- freedom of expression
- alternate sources of information
- right to bear arms
- inclusive citizenship
- elected officials (representative)
- associational autonomy
- free, fair and frequent elections
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is a fairer system of voting that majority wins?
- Lottery voting
3. Where can this passage be found: 'we hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness'?
- American Declaration of Independence
- American Bill of Rights
4. Who says 'no state has ever possessed a government that fully measured up to the criteria of democratic process. None is likely to'?
5. What are Waldron's two categories of rights?
- rights consitutive of the democratic process and rights which embody the conditions necessary for the legitimacy of democracy
- rights to property and rights to privacy