1. What is a fairer system of voting that majority wins?
- Lottery voting
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Where can this passage be found: 'we hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness'?
- American Declaration of Independence
- American Bill of Rights
3. How many wars were fought between 1945 and 1989, none between democracies?
4. What is the law of time and numbers?
- the more citizens a democratic unit contains, the less that citizens can participate directly in government decisions and the more that they must delegate more authority to others'
- representatives cannot see all of there constituents for the practical reasons of time and numbers
5. Which of the following, according to Dahl's list, is not an opportunity provided for by democracy?
- equality in voting
- inclusion of adults
- exercising final control over the agenda
- effective participation
- guaranteeing liberty
- gaining enlightened understanding