1. Which best describes Direct Democracy?
- Where the citizens make decisions themselves directly through referendums and initiatives.
- Where an official representative decides what's the citizens of the state think directly.
- Where an official representative allows citizens to make decisions themselves through referendums and initiatives.
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which one of these are functions of democracy?
- Protects minorities and allows them to do everything.
- Establishes freedoms and disperses the crowns powers.
- Controls government and protects minorities.
- Controls government and the monarch.
3. Which one of these is an advantage of Referendums?
- They can prevent governments from making an unpopular decision.
- They are expensive so whatever campaign the government sides with will win as they are able to invest incredibly.
- They are too complex.
4. Who create the political philosophy 'Big Society'?
- David Cameron alone
- Tony Blair
- David Cameron and other party advisors
- Margaret Thatcher
5. Which one of these are not a real referendum that has taken place in the UK? (Can be Scotland, Wales or England only)
- Should the United Kingdom take back the British Empire?
- Should there be an elected Mayor in English cities? 2012
- Should the United Kingdom join the American continent?
- Should England become independent?