1. Which one of these are not a real referendum that has taken place in the UK? (Can be Scotland, Wales or England only)
- Should there be an elected Mayor in English cities? 2012
- Should England become independent?
- Should the United Kingdom join the American continent?
- Should the United Kingdom take back the British Empire?
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who create the political philosophy 'Big Society'?
- David Cameron and other party advisors
- David Cameron alone
- Tony Blair
- Margaret Thatcher
3. What best describes a referendum?
- Where only the citizens allow the to answer a questions which, no matter what government, must follow the decision that the public decide from the question.
- Where the government allow the public to answer a question to influence their decision. Some governments are bound to the results where as some are not.
- Where the citizens or government allow the public to answer a question to determine whether the government should make a decision.
4. Which best describes Representative Democracy?
- An official representative makes decisions legitimately on behalf of the citizens of the state that elected them.
- A monarch decides makes decisions on behalf of the people as they are the ones with the highest authority.
- A prime minister only makes decisions on behalf of people even though they were not elected.
5. Which one of these are functions of democracy?
- Establishes freedoms and disperses the crowns powers.
- Controls government and the monarch.
- Controls government and protects minorities.
- Protects minorities and allows them to do everything.