1. Which best describes Representative Democracy?
- A prime minister only makes decisions on behalf of people even though they were not elected.
- An official representative makes decisions legitimately on behalf of the citizens of the state that elected them.
- A monarch decides makes decisions on behalf of the people as they are the ones with the highest authority.
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which one of these answers are duties for citizens?
- Accept whatever you are told to do legally or not.
- To be treated equally and enjoy civil liberties.
- To obey the laws and pay taxes.
- Wash the queens feet if one is asked to and pay taxes.
3. What best describes a referendum?
- Where only the citizens allow the to answer a questions which, no matter what government, must follow the decision that the public decide from the question.
- Where the government allow the public to answer a question to influence their decision. Some governments are bound to the results where as some are not.
- Where the citizens or government allow the public to answer a question to determine whether the government should make a decision.
4. Which one of these is an advantage of Referendums?
- They are too complex.
- They can prevent governments from making an unpopular decision.
- They are expensive so whatever campaign the government sides with will win as they are able to invest incredibly.
5. Who was the person to create a simple definition of democracy with the quote "Democracy is government of the people, by the people, for the people."?
- King James II
- Abraham Lincoln
- Donal Trump
- Margaret Thatcher
- David Cameron