1. Who create the political philosophy 'Big Society'?
- Margaret Thatcher
- David Cameron and other party advisors
- Tony Blair
- David Cameron alone
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which best describes Representative Democracy?
- An official representative makes decisions legitimately on behalf of the citizens of the state that elected them.
- A monarch decides makes decisions on behalf of the people as they are the ones with the highest authority.
- A prime minister only makes decisions on behalf of people even though they were not elected.
3. Which one of these is an advantage of Referendums?
- They are too complex.
- They can prevent governments from making an unpopular decision.
- They are expensive so whatever campaign the government sides with will win as they are able to invest incredibly.
4. Which one of these are not a real referendum that has taken place in the UK? (Can be Scotland, Wales or England only)
- Should there be an elected Mayor in English cities? 2012
- Should the United Kingdom join the American continent?
- Should the United Kingdom take back the British Empire?
- Should England become independent?
5. Which best describes Direct Democracy?
- Where an official representative allows citizens to make decisions themselves through referendums and initiatives.
- Where the citizens make decisions themselves directly through referendums and initiatives.
- Where an official representative decides what's the citizens of the state think directly.