1. Which one of these is an advantage of Referendums?
- They can prevent governments from making an unpopular decision.
- They are expensive so whatever campaign the government sides with will win as they are able to invest incredibly.
- They are too complex.
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which one of these are not a real referendum that has taken place in the UK? (Can be Scotland, Wales or England only)
- Should England become independent?
- Should there be an elected Mayor in English cities? 2012
- Should the United Kingdom take back the British Empire?
- Should the United Kingdom join the American continent?
3. Which best describes Representative Democracy?
- An official representative makes decisions legitimately on behalf of the citizens of the state that elected them.
- A monarch decides makes decisions on behalf of the people as they are the ones with the highest authority.
- A prime minister only makes decisions on behalf of people even though they were not elected.
4. Who was the person to create a simple definition of democracy with the quote "Democracy is government of the people, by the people, for the people."?
- Margaret Thatcher
- King James II
- Donal Trump
- Abraham Lincoln
- David Cameron
5. Which best describes Direct Democracy?
- Where an official representative allows citizens to make decisions themselves through referendums and initiatives.
- Where the citizens make decisions themselves directly through referendums and initiatives.
- Where an official representative decides what's the citizens of the state think directly.