1. How many statutory instruments are made approximately each year?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Ultra vires - unreasonable regulations?
- Aylesbury Mushroom case (1972)
- R v Secretary of State for Education & Employment, ex parte National Union of Teachers (2000)
- Strickland v Hayes Borough Council (1896)
- R v Home Secretary, ex parte Fire Brigades Union (1995)
3. Who are the Privy Council?
- The House of Lords
- The Prime Minister and other leading members of the government
- The House of Commons
- The Queen
4. Who can bylaws NOT be made by?
- Public corporations
- Local authorities
- Privy Council
- Certain companies
5. An enabling Act that allows the Privy Council to alter the number of judges in the Supreme Court?
- Misuse of Drugs Act 1971
- Constitutional Reform Act 2005
- Civil Contingencies Act 2004
- PACE 1984