1. What two types of controls do functionalists relate to crime and deviance?
- The X button and the Y button - Dictate all movement in game
- Formal (Laws) and informal (Norms) social controls - Clearly define what deviant behaviour is in most social situations
- Formal (Laws) and informal (Norms) - vaguely define what deviant behaviour is in most social situations
- Primary (Laws) and secondary (Norms) social controls - Clearly define what deviant behaviour is in most social situations
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. How do interactioanlists explain changes in what is seen as deviant?
- Social attitudes evolve over time, changing values and thus changing definitions of normality/deviancy
- Beer goggles, eye transplants/implants, swag shades and sharinguns/other ocular jutsu 0-0
- Social attitudes remain similar over time, retaining values and thus stabilising definitions of normality/deviancy
- Certain social groups are always called deviants and what counts as deviant is simply whatever activities they indulge in
3. What do interactionalists think of the functionalist definition of deviance?
- WAY too funky, their more into Kpop, VK and Vocaloid ;3
- They fully agree with it as society has set of core values (Value Consensus/collective conscious) and the more behaviour differs from them, the more it is seen as deviant
- They disagree with it as defintions of normal/deviant behaviour are relative social constructs which are interpreted differently due to factors like individual viewpoint, social context, time/place and culture
- They agree with most of it (Core values) but feel it ignores class differences
4. What is delinquency?
- Acts that are criminal or considered antisocial commited by young people
- Quincy (Monk of destruction) who eats quinces
- Acts that are criminal or considered antisocial commited by old people
- Acts that are not criminal but considered antisocial commited by young people
5. How do interactionalists explain deviance in modern society?
- Modern society is too complex for a value/norm consensus and there are competing sets of values and a diversity of beliefs
- IT WAS DA ROBOTS, LUNA IS AN EVIL GOLEM!!!! >:0
- Modern society has a value/norm consensus with one set of values and no diversity of beliefs
- Modern society's deviance is the same as past socities and is caused by a criminal minority motivated by greed/malice