1. Where did the Mormons finally settle?
- The salt lake valley
- The salt lake city
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. When did Brigham young die?
3. Mormon's had some controversial beliefs, one of these was Polygamy. What was this?
- Trying to convert others to their faith
- A man could have more than one wife
- No rights to individual ownership
- church leaders are given political power
4. They needed fresh water to survive in the salt lake valley, but how did they get it?
- The made big filters to make the salt lakes water drinkable
- They had water bought from the near by lakes
- They built irrigation ditches, which bought fresh water from the mountains
- They collected rain water in large containers which then filtered the water
5. Why were the Mormon's driven out of Ohio in 1837?
- They were taking over
- The Mormon bank collapsed causing people to loose there money and blame the Mormons
- The people living there strongly disagreed with Polygamy and said it was as bad as slavery!
- The started a ban against slavery