1. Which of the following statements is false?
- Cystic fibrosis is an autosomal recessive inherited disease
- Ivacaftor is effective in class 1 mutations
- Raised immunoreactive trypsinogen is a diagnostic test
- The development of diabetes is associated with CF
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. The most common mutation class is
- Class 3
- Class 4
- Class 2
- Class 1
3. Which of these statements is false?
- The ENaC channel moves sodium into the cells of the airways
- In those without CF chloride ions are moved out of the cell and into sweat
- In those without CF the ENaC channel is inhibited
- In those with CF sodium ions are drawn into sweat
4. Which of these is not commonly involved in chronic infections of cystic fibrosis patients?
- Haemophillius influenzae
- Staph aureus
- Pseudomonas aurigenosa
5. Class 2 mutations lead to the deletion of what amino acid?