1. When was the War of the Roses?
1 of 47
Other questions in this quiz
2. What happened to Vagrants in 1531?
- They were tied to the end of cart, naked and whipped until body was bloody and then returned to place of birth.
- The parishes provided raw materials for them to work with.
- They were kept as slaves.
3. What happened to Vagrants in 1547?
- They were tied to a cart and dragged naked and beaten with whipped until body was bloody
- They were branded with a V, given as a slave to the person who reported them.
- Returned to their birth place
4. In what year were Justices of the Peace given the power to organise donations for the relief of the impotent poor?
5. In 1572, J of P collected a weekly rate from each parish to provide for whom? and to punish whom?
- War of the Roses victims
- provide for: sick, old and disabled. Punish: the Sturdy poor
- Provide for Sturdy poor and punish Impotent poor