Skip to content
Back to quiz
6. Durkheim argues that crime acts as a safety valve that it does not affect institutions such as prostitution in the family. This still applies to today. True or False
7. Which sociologists talk about Culture and Socialisation?
- Cornish and Clarke
- Wilson and Hernstein
- Jock Young
8. Right Realists offer practical solutions. They suggest two measures. What are one of the measures?
- Public and Informal Control
- Police and Formal Control
- Target Hardening
- Zero Tolerance
9. Which one of these is NOT a response to the American Dream?
10. People have reached the American Dream and have not committed crime. True or false.
- False - Merton cannot explain those who have conformed to goals, norms and values.
- True - Merton makes clear that if people reach the American Dream, they won't commit crime at all because they have conformed.
11. Cohen talks about the explanations of non-utilitarian crime whereas Merton fails to provide this. True or False
12. Miller's theory on crime is outdated because there are now more gadgets such as GTA in which we get thrill from this. Is this weakness true or false?
13. The Reinforcement of Social Solidarity Unites All Classes. True or False
14. The Marxist theory of crime can be linked to what theory?
- Subcultural Theory
- Functionalist Theory
- Feminist Theory
15. Marxists - Crime is systematically generated by what...?
- Working Class Males
16. The laws on crime are in the interests of who?.
- The under working class.
- The ruling class
- The skilled working class.
17. The Labelling Theory Is Linked To What Theory?
18. Functionalism - How are norms and values reaffirmed?
- Degrading Ceremonies
19. What are one of the functions of crime that Durkheim argued?
- Reaffirms Social Solidarity
- Safety Valve
- Innovates People
20. Right Realists can explain street crime and what other crime?
- White Collar Crime
- Honour Killings
- Petty Crimes