Skip to content
Back to quiz
6. One of the reasons people commit crime is because of marginalisation. What is this?
- If people don't have a trade union or a pressure group, they suffer from frustration and they commit crime.
- When you feel deprived.
- When you really want to start or join a subculture.
7. Which theory is seen as criticising other theories?
8. Left Realists do not offer solutions to crime like all the other theories. True or false?
9. What are one of the functions of crime that Durkheim argued?
- Safety Valve
- Innovates People
- Reaffirms Social Solidarity
10. People have reached the American Dream and have not committed crime. True or false.
- False - Merton cannot explain those who have conformed to goals, norms and values.
- True - Merton makes clear that if people reach the American Dream, they won't commit crime at all because they have conformed.
11. When someone is labelled because of a deviant act, this label prioritises their life. What is the sociological term for this?
- Master Label
- The Main Label
- Self Fulfilling Prophecy
12. Which one of these is NOT a weakness of Marxism?
- Marxists have explanations which covers all members of society and a variety of offences.
- The law is not biased towards the ruling class. They still make the law and commit the crime. The law is for everyone.
- The theory predicts crime is committed by all working class.
13. The Marxist theory of crime can be linked to what theory?
- Subcultural Theory
- Functionalist Theory
- Feminist Theory
14. The Reinforcement of Social Solidarity Unites All Classes. True or False
15. Which one of these is NOT an evaluation of right realism?
- Other theories have failed to provide solutions to crime.
- Ignores underlying causes of neighbourhood decline.
- Similar to the strain theory and subcultural theory.
- Ignores other causes of crime.
16. Miller's theory on crime is outdated because there are now more gadgets such as GTA in which we get thrill from this. Is this weakness true or false?
17. What are focal concerns?
- Toughness and desire for excitement.
- Creating a new subculture.
- Being masculine.
18. Durkheim argues that crime acts as a safety valve that it does not affect institutions such as prostitution in the family. This still applies to today. True or False
19. Which one of these is NOT a response to the American Dream?
20. Strength - Left Realists offer good explanations and evidence for what....
- Relative Deprivation