1. One of the reasons people commit crime is because of marginalisation. What is this?
- If people don't have a trade union or a pressure group, they suffer from frustration and they commit crime.
- When you feel deprived.
- When you really want to start or join a subculture.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Marxists - Crime is systematically generated by what...?
- Working Class Males
3. The Labelling Theory Is Linked To What Theory?
4. People have reached the American Dream and have not committed crime. True or false.
- False - Merton cannot explain those who have conformed to goals, norms and values.
- True - Merton makes clear that if people reach the American Dream, they won't commit crime at all because they have conformed.
5. What are one of the functions of crime that Durkheim argued?
- Reaffirms Social Solidarity
- Safety Valve
- Innovates People