1. Miller's theory on crime is outdated because there are now more gadgets such as GTA in which we get thrill from this. Is this weakness true or false?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Cohen talks about the explanations of non-utilitarian crime whereas Merton fails to provide this. True or False
3. Right Realists offer practical solutions. They suggest two measures. What are one of the measures?
- Police and Formal Control
- Zero Tolerance
- Target Hardening
- Public and Informal Control
4. What are focal concerns?
- Toughness and desire for excitement.
- Creating a new subculture.
- Being masculine.
5. One of the reasons people commit crime is because of marginalisation. What is this?
- When you really want to start or join a subculture.
- If people don't have a trade union or a pressure group, they suffer from frustration and they commit crime.
- When you feel deprived.