1. People have reached the American Dream and have not committed crime. True or false.
- False - Merton cannot explain those who have conformed to goals, norms and values.
- True - Merton makes clear that if people reach the American Dream, they won't commit crime at all because they have conformed.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Functionalism - How are norms and values reaffirmed?
- Degrading Ceremonies
3. Merton argued about the American Dream. What is the American Dream?
- Monetary Success
- Achieving to become an American.
4. Which one of these is NOT a weakness of Marxism?
- Marxists have explanations which covers all members of society and a variety of offences.
- The law is not biased towards the ruling class. They still make the law and commit the crime. The law is for everyone.
- The theory predicts crime is committed by all working class.
5. What are focal concerns?
- Being masculine.
- Toughness and desire for excitement.
- Creating a new subculture.