1. What causes the creation of a master status?
- The labelling of people as gang members
- The labelling of people as deviant
- The negative labelling of people
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What can public labelling result in?
- self-fulfilled prophecy
- self-fulfilling prophecy
- development of egoism
3. One disadvantage of labelling theory is...
- It shows certain types of people are singled out for labelling
- Deviance is not simply created by a label, people don't become burglars just because of a label.
- It has drawn attention to the importance of labelling and shows how the process can develop deviant behaviour
4. Which behaviour is seen as contravening the rules of society?
5. Who did Cicourel (1976) study?
- police and criminals in California
- police and juvenile (probation) officers in California
- police and juvenile (probation) officers in Canada