1. How were "witches" punished?
- Publicly humiliated
- Hung or burnt if they survived the trial by ordeal
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. How did law enforcement change in 1829?
- There was a uniformed police force and they also had numbers on their collars which indicated they got paid which avoided corrupted police men. They were also permanent.
- Killed the orange
- They were good
- They got worse
3. How did poverty affect poaching?
- It decreases
- The meat was the only protein that poor people would have in their diet.
- It increases
- Nothing changed
4. How did the public view smuggling?
- They did not view it as a crime therefore did not report it due to enjoying the luxury goods it provided them with.
- They like to make it fun
- They hated it.
- They loved it because it was fine
5. How did poverty affect smuggling?
- Over 70% of smugglers were laborers and would earn a weeks' wages from smuggling £1 of tea
- It was an increase
- It decreased
- It was easier for the poor people to be able to get more food and drink as they had more money.