1. Where does most of our knowledge of risks come from?
- Our Friends
- The media
- Our Family
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. Castells argues that the global criminal economy is now worth over
- £1 trillion per annum
- £1 million per annum
- £5 trillion per annum
- £5 billion per annum
3. What is global risk consciousness ?
- globalisation creates new insecurities and produces a new mentality of 'risk consciousness' in which risk is seen as global rather than local
- having a problem with globalisation
- globalisation reduces insecurities
4. What is it called when new forms of organisation have international links but crime is still rooted in its local context?
- 'Glocal' organisation
- global organisation
- interconnected organisation
5. Which sociologist(s) argue that international financial organisations such as the IMF impose pro-capitalist economic programmes on poor countries as a condition on the loans they provide ?
- Rothe and Friedrichs
- Rothe and Lewis
- Lewis and Winlow