1. According to Hirschi, what are the 4 crucial bonds that binds us together?
- Attachment, commitment, involvement, belief.
- Attachment, commitment, ethics, law
- Commitment, law, ethics, international relations.
- Belief, ethics, commitment, involvement.
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. According to Merton what is the common goal for all of society?
- A happy and cohesive family
- Equality for all individuals
- Economic and material wealth.
- Equality of educational achievement
3. What is the negative aspect of Durkheims theory?
- Crime can weaken the adherence to the collective conscience and therefore freed from its social control. People start looking for their own needs this is is anomie
- Crime will bring harm to others in the community , meaning people are not close or bound to their community, making the deviant strays.
- It is against the law, which is created to protect others from harm.
- Individuals can be hurt mentally and physically, and for ethical reasons this is not right.
4. In Durkheims theory, what does re-affirming the boundaries mean?
- Some crime can act as a pressure release for workers.
- When someone who is breaking the law is treated with sympathy at the court, the public outcry to this would symbolise changing values.
- When someone breaks the law, the resulting court sentence and publicity re-affirms the existing values.
- Where an entire community comes together after a horrific crime and creates a sense of belonging, strengthening the community.
5. According to Merton , what is the common means to achieve this goal?
- Beating everyone in the job market
- Go to university
- Hardwork and educational achievement
- Supporting and helping one another