1. Overall, what is Mertons theory?
- It is the ruling class power and exploitation of the working class that creates anger and deviance.
- We all follow a set of norms, those who do not agree to these, deviate away from it and creates crime.
- Crime is evidence for a poor fit between socially accepted goals and the socially acceptable means of achieving these goals.
- The formation of subcultures and the poor relationship between us and them is what creates crime.
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. According to Hirschi, what are the 4 crucial bonds that binds us together?
- Attachment, commitment, involvement, belief.
- Belief, ethics, commitment, involvement.
- Attachment, commitment, ethics, law
- Commitment, law, ethics, international relations.
3. According to Merton what is the common goal for all of society?
- Economic and material wealth.
- A happy and cohesive family
- Equality for all individuals
- Equality of educational achievement
4. What are the 5 key terms in Mertons theory?
- Conformity,innovation,ritualisation, rebellion,retreatism.
- Involvement, conformity, belief, law, ethics.
- Involvement, commitment, belief, attachment, law.
- Ethical rules, ruling class power, involvement in the community, the law,our attachment to society.
5. According to Merton , what is the common means to achieve this goal?
- Go to university
- Supporting and helping one another
- Hardwork and educational achievement
- Beating everyone in the job market