1. What is the negative aspect of Durkheims theory?
- Individuals can be hurt mentally and physically, and for ethical reasons this is not right.
- Crime can weaken the adherence to the collective conscience and therefore freed from its social control. People start looking for their own needs this is is anomie
- It is against the law, which is created to protect others from harm.
- Crime will bring harm to others in the community , meaning people are not close or bound to their community, making the deviant strays.
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. According to Merton what is the common goal for all of society?
- Economic and material wealth.
- A happy and cohesive family
- Equality for all individuals
- Equality of educational achievement
3. Overall, what is Mertons theory?
- It is the ruling class power and exploitation of the working class that creates anger and deviance.
- Crime is evidence for a poor fit between socially accepted goals and the socially acceptable means of achieving these goals.
- The formation of subcultures and the poor relationship between us and them is what creates crime.
- We all follow a set of norms, those who do not agree to these, deviate away from it and creates crime.
4. According to Merton , what is the common means to achieve this goal?
- Beating everyone in the job market
- Hardwork and educational achievement
- Supporting and helping one another
- Go to university
5. According to Hirschi, what are the 4 crucial bonds that binds us together?
- Belief, ethics, commitment, involvement.
- Attachment, commitment, involvement, belief.
- Commitment, law, ethics, international relations.
- Attachment, commitment, ethics, law