1. Which one of the following is NOT a function of the penal system?
- Arrest the public.
- Maintain public order.
- Protect life and property.
- Deter criminals.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who did a study to find the link between social class and criminal activity [Status Frustration]?
- Rosenthal & Jacobson 
- Albert Cohen 
- Ann Oakley 
- Willmott & Young 
3. What specific age group is more likely to commit crimes?
4. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Official Statistics are inaccurate?
- Some crimes are too trivial.
- Confident victims.
- Private matters not reported.
- Dark figure of crime not included.
5. Why do women get away with criminal actions more than men?
- Judges go easy on them because of chivalry and they are less likely to be suspected of something.
- They are more responsible.
- When women are on their periods, they are more emotional.
- Women are weaker therefore, judges pity them and let them off.