1. Who did a study to find the link between social class and criminal activity [Status Frustration]?
- Rosenthal & Jacobson 
- Albert Cohen 
- Ann Oakley 
- Willmott & Young 
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which is NOT a disadvantage to prisons?
- Gives prisoners qualifications.
- High re-offending rates.
3. Which one of the following is NOT a function of the penal system?
- Protect life and property.
- Deter criminals.
- Arrest the public.
- Maintain public order.
4. Cesare Lombroso believed that ________.
- working class people commit more crimes when not socialised.
- criminals were influenced due to environmental factors.
- criminals were BORN criminals and were criminals by nature.
- prison were an insufficient form of punishment.
5. What is the definition of Deviance?
- An action that goes against the norms.
- An action that goes against the norms and values of society.
- An action that goes against the law.
- An action that doesn't fit into society's rules.