1. Who argues that if opposition parties can turn legislation into a question of rights, then the success of the porposed legislation is hindered and perhaps even blocked by constitutional courts?
- Alec Stone Sweet
- Alec Sweet Stone
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who identifies the key feature of a constitution as lying in the provision of a frame of govt , showing original constitutional decisions to be a form of political engineering?
3. What are german politicians said to undertake when making legislation?
- proper procedure
4. Which of the following is not an explanation for the rebirth of interest in the legal dimension of politics?
- emphasis on human rights
- explosion in constitution making
- expanding body of international law
- more people are interested in law
- legal character of EU and judicial activism in the US
5. Why is the French Conseil Constitutionnel refered to as the 'third branch of the legislature' by Tate?
- 15 day limit on abstract review means highly political and appointments are political
- it is in the same building