1. French expression for impartial judges?
- La bouche de la loi
- Les yeux de la verite
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following is not an explanation for the rebirth of interest in the legal dimension of politics?
- emphasis on human rights
- explosion in constitution making
- expanding body of international law
- more people are interested in law
- legal character of EU and judicial activism in the US
3. Who argues that if the UK were to adopt a bill or rights, judges would have a greater role in policy making?
4. Why is the French Conseil Constitutionnel refered to as the 'third branch of the legislature' by Tate?
- 15 day limit on abstract review means highly political and appointments are political
- it is in the same building
5. What does the legitimacy of the FCC rest on?
- its moral authority and the willingness of the political arm of government to follow its mandates
- the power of its judges