1. Why is the French Conseil Constitutionnel refered to as the 'third branch of the legislature' by Tate?
- 15 day limit on abstract review means highly political and appointments are political
- it is in the same building
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who argues that if opposition parties can turn legislation into a question of rights, then the success of the porposed legislation is hindered and perhaps even blocked by constitutional courts?
- Alec Stone Sweet
- Alec Sweet Stone
3. French expression for impartial judges?
- La bouche de la loi
- Les yeux de la verite
4. Who argues that if the UK were to adopt a bill or rights, judges would have a greater role in policy making?
5. Which of the following is not an explanation for the rebirth of interest in the legal dimension of politics?
- expanding body of international law
- more people are interested in law
- explosion in constitution making
- legal character of EU and judicial activism in the US
- emphasis on human rights