1. Why is the French Conseil Constitutionnel refered to as the 'third branch of the legislature' by Tate?
- 15 day limit on abstract review means highly political and appointments are political
- it is in the same building
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does the legitimacy of the FCC rest on?
- its moral authority and the willingness of the political arm of government to follow its mandates
- the power of its judges
3. Which of the following is not an explanation for the rebirth of interest in the legal dimension of politics?
- emphasis on human rights
- more people are interested in law
- legal character of EU and judicial activism in the US
- explosion in constitution making
- expanding body of international law
4. Which of the following is not a model of judicial decision making
5. What does Drewry say has happening in terms of power between the legislature and judiciary in Britain?
- 'the legislator has diminished the role of the judge by occupying vast fields and then has failed to keep them ploughed'
- 'the judges have lost their land to the politicians rightfully'