1. What does Drewry say has happening in terms of power between the legislature and judiciary in Britain?
- 'the legislator has diminished the role of the judge by occupying vast fields and then has failed to keep them ploughed'
- 'the judges have lost their land to the politicians rightfully'
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. French expression for impartial judges?
- La bouche de la loi
- Les yeux de la verite
3. Who identifies the key feature of a constitution as lying in the provision of a frame of govt , showing original constitutional decisions to be a form of political engineering?
4. Who argues that if opposition parties can turn legislation into a question of rights, then the success of the porposed legislation is hindered and perhaps even blocked by constitutional courts?
- Alec Stone Sweet
- Alec Sweet Stone
5. What does the legitimacy of the FCC rest on?
- its moral authority and the willingness of the political arm of government to follow its mandates
- the power of its judges