1. The principle of sufficient reason came from what Philosopher?
- J.L. Mackie
- G.W. Leibniz
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the third way of Aquinas' Cosmological Argument?
- Unmoved mover
- Unmoved causer
3. What was Russell's statement?
- 'Cause is a kind of reason.'
- 'To say one has not found it is one thing; to say that one should not look for it seems to me rather dogmatic.'
- 'I should say that the universe is just there and that is all.'
- 'An adequate explanation must ultimately be a total explanation, to which nothing further can be added.'
4. What is at the heart of the Russell Coppleston debate?
- The issue of contigency and necessity and what is a sufficient reason to explain why anything exists.
5. What does Aquinas say about Efficient cause?
- The cause is necessary.
- It argues against the existence of God.
- It doesn't exist.
- He disagrees with having an efficient cause.