1. What did David Hume question?
- The idea that every event has a cause.
- The idea that every event doesn't have a cause.
- He questioned there being an efficient cause.
- Ways 1 and 2 of Aquinas' cosmological Argument.
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. The principle of sufficient reason came from what Philosopher?
- G.W. Leibniz
- J.L. Mackie
3. What does Aquinas say about Efficient cause?
- It argues against the existence of God.
- The cause is necessary.
- He disagrees with having an efficient cause.
- It doesn't exist.
4. What was Russell's statement?
- 'I should say that the universe is just there and that is all.'
- 'To say one has not found it is one thing; to say that one should not look for it seems to me rather dogmatic.'
- 'An adequate explanation must ultimately be a total explanation, to which nothing further can be added.'
- 'Cause is a kind of reason.'
5. What is the third way of Aquinas' Cosmological Argument?
- Unmoved mover
- Unmoved causer