1. What is at the heart of the Russell Coppleston debate?
- The issue of contigency and necessity and what is a sufficient reason to explain why anything exists.
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. The principle of sufficient reason came from what Philosopher?
- G.W. Leibniz
- J.L. Mackie
3. What did Russell Coppleston argue about the universe?
- Explanation is beyond the reach of humans.
- That it can only be sufficiently explained by reference to God.
- It does not exist.
- It's not necessary for the universe to have a cause.
4. What does Aquinas say about Efficient cause?
- The cause is necessary.
- It doesn't exist.
- He disagrees with having an efficient cause.
- It argues against the existence of God.
5. What did David Hume question?
- Ways 1 and 2 of Aquinas' cosmological Argument.
- The idea that every event has a cause.
- He questioned there being an efficient cause.
- The idea that every event doesn't have a cause.