1. What is the test for hydrogen?
- bleaches damp litmus paper white
- makes a squeaky pop with a lighted splint
- relights a glowing splint
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the electrolyte in electrolysis?
- the posts in the water that apply electricity to the electrolyte.
- liquid containing the compound which conducts the electricity
- the electricity source
3. Why do metals rust?
- because it has been exposed to too much water
- because it has been exposed to too much carbon dioxide
- because the metal is being oxidised (gain of oxygen)
- because the metal has lost oxygen (reduction)
4. Which method would be used to extract iron from its metal ore?
- heating with carbon
5. What are the properties of aluminium?
- low density, corrosion resistant, forms strong alloys
- shiny and easy to bend,unreactive
- strong, hard, high melting point, conducts electricity