1. What is the test for chlorine?
- bleaches damp litmus paper
- relights a glowing splint
- makes a squeaky pop with a lighted splint
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. What products will be made when reacting hydrchloric acid + sodium hydroxide?
- sodium chloride
- Sodium chloride + water
- sodium chloride + water +carbon dioxide
- sodium + hydrogen
3. Why might metals be ideal for a saucepan base?
- good conductors of heat
- metals are malleable
- metals are good conductors of electricity
4. Why do metals rust?
- because the metal is being oxidised (gain of oxygen)
- because the metal has lost oxygen (reduction)
- because it has been exposed to too much water
- because it has been exposed to too much carbon dioxide
5. What is the name of a smart alloy used in glasses frames and to repair damaged blood vessels?