1. Why do metals rust?
- because the metal is being oxidised (gain of oxygen)
- because it has been exposed to too much carbon dioxide
- because the metal has lost oxygen (reduction)
- because it has been exposed to too much water
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which method would be used to extract iron from its metal ore?
- heating with carbon
3. What is the test for chlorine?
- bleaches damp litmus paper
- relights a glowing splint
- makes a squeaky pop with a lighted splint
4. What products will be made when reacting hydrchloric acid + sodium hydroxide?
- sodium chloride
- Sodium chloride + water
- sodium chloride + water +carbon dioxide
- sodium + hydrogen
5. What is produced after the electrolysis of salt?
- carbon dioxide