1. How do indigestion tablets work?
- Replaces excess stomach acid with hydrochloric acid in tablet
- Contain bases like calcium carbonate to neutralise stomach acid
- Kills bacteria in stomach
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the test for oxygen?
- makes a squeaky pop with a lighted splint
- relights a glowing splint
- bleaches damp litmus paper white
3. Metal carbonates give which products?
- salt + water + carbon dioxide
- salt + hydroxide
- salt + water
4. Why do metals rust?
- because it has been exposed to too much carbon dioxide
- because the metal has lost oxygen (reduction)
- because the metal is being oxidised (gain of oxygen)
- because it has been exposed to too much water
5. What products will be made when reacting hydrchloric acid + sodium hydroxide?
- Sodium chloride + water
- sodium chloride
- sodium + hydrogen
- sodium chloride + water +carbon dioxide