1. Name a civil servant who was issued the power to give instructions to civil servants under Blair's government.
- Justine Greening
- Jonathan Powell
- David Kelley
1 of 5
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is a cabinet reshuffle?
- A series of changes to the cabinet.
- When the Primeminister removes his cabinet completely.
3. What is patronage?
- The idea that the PM can make ecclesial appointments and life peer appointments. They also control the honours list.
- Prime minister makes judicial appointments
4. What is a feature of presidentialism
- President can appoint anyone without approval
- President is above the rest of the cabinet.
- President is first amongst equals.
5. What is a feature of civil servants?
- Politically affiliation
- Public figures
- In charge of ministers
Similar Government & Politics resources: