1. Which of the following is true about the exponential phase?
- Bacterial cells divide at a constant rate
- This rate of increase can be maintained indefinitely
- Nutrients have been used up
- The population density stays the same
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. Select the correct order of the following phases of population growth...
- The lag phase, The exponential phase, death phase and the stationary phase
- The lag phase, The stationary phase, the exponential phase and the death phase
- The lag phase, The exponential phase, The stationary phase and the death phase.
- The exponential phase, The stationary phase, The lag phase and the death phase.
3. Which of the following is not an effect of pest damage?
- Genetic mutation in crops
- Spoiling food
- Feeding on crops and animals
- Competing with crop organisms for resources
4. Which of the following does not occur in the lag phase?
- Certain factors limit population gowth
- Enzyme synthesis
- A species adapts to a habitat
- There is a period of slow growth
5. Population oscillations are regulated by a process called...
- ...carrying capacity
- ...environmental resistance
- ...negative feeback
- ...biological control
Similar Biology resources: