1. which party was in power in the house of commons in 1909?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. what did the 'ditchers' do in the passing of the parliament act in the lords?
- voted against the bill
3. Why did the second crisis occur
- David Lloyd George wanted to introduce the People's Act 2
- the liberals felt that the lords had too much power
- the conservatives wanted another election over the people's budget
- the lords all left their seats in protest
4. what was the most controversial part of the people's budget?
- taxing luxury items
- taking money from the rich
- land tax
- food tarriffs
5. what di dthe parliment act help to do to the british constitution?
- make it more democratic
- make it harder to change
- make it more dependant on the people
- gave the constitution more power of the people