1. when was teh second 1910 election held?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. why was the passing of the parliament act a problem
- the king opposed the bill
- it had to go through the lords
- the act had many loop holes
- the conservatives wanted the act to happen
3. name a limitation of the parliament act
- it lost liberals the vote
- it didn't work properly
- peers where still hereditary positions
- it caused too mcuh contreversy
4. how did the liberals suggest passing the parliment act?
- the public protested against the rejection of the bill and this caused lots of trouble for the conservatives
- they called a general election
- they asked the king to create more liberal peers so the act could be passed
- the king, with lots of persuasion used his powers to pass the act.
5. what products were indirectly targeted by the people's act?
- luxury items: cars, petrol, beer, tobacco
- Necessary items: Water, bread, flour, apples
- furnishings: chairs, baths, toilets
- resources: printers, paper, books, pens