1. how did the liberals manage to stay in power at the end of 1910?
- the king created a national government with Asquith as PM
- David Lloyd George convinced the public to vote Liberal
- the Irish nationalists helped to give them a majority in the commons
- the conservatives only got 180 seats
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. why didn't the original liberals plan work when trying to pass the parliment act?
- the king had died
- they got voted out of parliment
- the act was ripped apart by the lords because their where lots of loop holes
- it was too hard to create peers
3. what was the most controversial part of the people's budget?
- taking money from the rich
- land tax
- taxing luxury items
- food tarriffs
4. Why did the second crisis occur
- the lords all left their seats in protest
- the conservatives wanted another election over the people's budget
- the liberals felt that the lords had too much power
- David Lloyd George wanted to introduce the People's Act 2
5. what couldn't the lords do to a money bill as stated in the Parliament Act?
- veto or prevent the passing of the bill
- claim as their own
- amend or reject
- change or adjust