1. which party was in power in the house of commons in 1909?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. name a limitation of the parliament act
- it caused too mcuh contreversy
- peers where still hereditary positions
- it didn't work properly
- it lost liberals the vote
3. what did the 'ditchers' do in the passing of the parliament act in the lords?
- voted against the bill
4. what couldn't the lords do to a money bill as stated in the Parliament Act?
- veto or prevent the passing of the bill
- amend or reject
- change or adjust
- claim as their own
5. what was the main liberal election campaign in 1910?
- vote conservative, we can't be dealing with all this power
- do you want to run your country or do you want the lords to do it for you?
- vote us in and we will make you all rich
- no people's budget no justice for the poor