1. What was the poll tax?
- the richer you were the less tax you had to pay
- local council tax , taxed per head not on income
- tax on goods was based on how many people lived in your house
- income tax, based per head not per income
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the cornerstone group?
- group of mps warning cameron not to be too soft or too libdem
- a group of specialists who see conservatives gaining libdem supporters and losing conservative supporters to uki[p
- a group of mps who transferred from conservatives to ukip
- a group of specialists who see ukip as the real conservatism party today
3. What does David Cameron describe himself as?
- a compassionate conservative
- a liberal
- a compassionate classical liberal
- a classical conservative
4. How does German conservatism compare to ours?
- play a bigger role in the state, more welfare, eu committed, social issues dont come into politics
- generous welfare state but other than that limited gov, eu committed and social issues are less lenient
- eu committed, limited government power, social matters dont effect politics
- eu committed, more self-reliant, death penalty, social issues such as homosexuality and family effect politics
5. Who can be seen as the father of conservatism?
- Fredrich Engels
- Karl Popper
- Edmund Burke
- Thomas Hobbes