1. What are the rings of an osteon called?
- Volkmann's canal
- Haversian canal
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is cartilage an example of?
- Areolar tissue
- Skeletal connective tissue
- Fibrous connective tissue
- Extracellular matrix component
3. What cartilage is found in a synovial joint?
- Fibrocartilage only
- Hyaline cartilage
- Hyaline cartilage and fibrocartilage
4. What does procollagen need to undergo before forming collagen fibrils?
- Cleavage of propeptide ends by prolyl oxidase
- Hydrolysis of amino acids
- Cleavage of propetide ends by collagen peptidase
- Cleavage of propeptide ends by lysyl oxidase
5. What can distinguish osteoclasts from osteoblasts in histological specimens?
- Osteoblasts are multi-nucleate
- Osteoclasts are multi-nucleate
- Osteoblasts are bigger
- Different colours