1. What do osteoblasts secrete during ossification of the cartilage template?
- Collagen I fibres and Calcium Hydroxpatite
- Collagen I fibres and Collagen II fibres
- Collagen II fibres and Calcium Hydroxypatite
- Calcium Hydroxypatite
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What can distinguish osteoclasts from osteoblasts in histological specimens?
- Osteoblasts are multi-nucleate
- Different colours
- Osteoclasts are multi-nucleate
- Osteoblasts are bigger
3. What connective tissue makes up a symphysis?
- Fibrous connective tissue
- Fibrocartilage and Hyaline cartilage
- Fibrocartilage only
- Hyaline cartilage only
4. What forms the osteoid?
- Collagen, Calcium Hydroxypatite
- Collagen, Matrix fluid, Calcium Hydroxpatite, Hyaline cartilage
- Collagen, Matrix fluid, Calcium Hydroxpatite
- Cartilage, Calcium Hydroxypatite, Matrix fluid
5. What is the correct order of chondrocyte alterations in endochondral ossification, from the outside in?
- Resting, proliferating, hypertrophy, calcification, ossification
- Resting, proliferating, hypertrophy, ossification, calcification
- Proliferating, resting, hypertrophy, calcification, ossification
- Resting, proliferating, calcification, hypertrophy, ossification