1. In which committee was civil rights legislation blocked up by a conservative coalition?
- House Rules Committee
- Senate Rules Committee
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who argues that Senators are able to negotiate earmarks in their favour and therefore are more likely to toe the party line?
3. In what year did the Republican party follow the Democrats and move away from strict seniority in appointments?
4. Who uses the term filibuster to refer to any set of actions taken by a Senator or group of Senators to 'intentionally delay or prevent any measure, nomination or procedural activity from taking place'?
- Wawro and Schlicker
- Rorwo and Splocker
5. What percentage of House incumbents running in 2012 won re-election?