1. In what year did the Republican party follow the Democrats and move away from strict seniority in appointments?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which president said 'Congress is like a whiskey drinker... you have to feed it slowly otherwise it will reject it'?
3. Which speaker played a more active role in committee activities than any other Speaker in over eighty years?
4. Which recent Congress exhibited the exact conditions described in conditional party government?
5. The more homogenous the preferences of the majority party and the more distinct they are from the minority...
- the larger the party effect
- the smaller the party effect