1. In which committee was civil rights legislation blocked up by a conservative coalition?
- House Rules Committee
- Senate Rules Committee
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What fraction of all filibusters have happened in the last 30 years?
- one half
- two thirds
- one third
- one quarter
3. Who uses the term filibuster to refer to any set of actions taken by a Senator or group of Senators to 'intentionally delay or prevent any measure, nomination or procedural activity from taking place'?
- Wawro and Schlicker
- Rorwo and Splocker
4. Which recent Congress exhibited the exact conditions described in conditional party government?
5. Which president said 'Congress is like a whiskey drinker... you have to feed it slowly otherwise it will reject it'?