1. Who argues that 'without a fellow partisan in the White House, majority party leaders in Congress have much more freedom and flexibility than they might enjoy under unified government'?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which president said 'Congress is like a whiskey drinker... you have to feed it slowly otherwise it will reject it'?
3. What percent of support for the Republican leadership among freshmen was there in the first 100 days of the 104th Congress?
4. Which Speaker said that 'House rules, if you know how to use them, are tilted toward allowing the majority to get its will done'?
5. What do Cox and McCubbins call a highly unified majority party?
- a procedural cartel
- dominant party government