1. How do we know that WM is different from LTM?
- Experiments on normal people, effects of brain damage and introspection
- Word on the street
- We don't, its all lies
- Sensory output, flashbacks and experience from others
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. How long were p's asked to recall trigram and what did results show?
- 3,6,9 secs. Long delay = more recall.
- 3 and 18 secs. Short delay = less recall.
- 3,6,9,12,15,18. Longer delay = less recall; 3 secs = 80% recall
- Too long and they all died
3. Explain physiology?
- I'd rather not thank you
- Something must hold new info while consolidated to LTM= requires protein synthesis
- The anatomy of one's brain associated with memory
- Something must hold new info while consolidated to STM
4. What was the traditional view of memory?
- Patient HM: no memory whatsoever m8
- Einstein-70s: memory cannot be viewed
- Aristotle-50s: single faculty of mind
- Darwin-60s: two routes of memory
5. Define STM (short term memory):
- Ess Tee Emm yh
- Ability to hold info over short intervals
- Inability to hold info over short intervals
- Ability to hold info for weeks