1. Carboxylic acids with longer chains of carbon atoms can be used to make what?
- Soaps and detergents
- Chemicals for treating water
- Silicon dioxide
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is NOT a property of the first three alcohols?
- They react with carbonates to produce a salt and carbon dioxide
- The react with sodium to form hydrogen and alkoxides
- They are flammable and burn in air to produce carbon dioxide and water
- The dissolve in water to form neautral solutions
3. Fucontional group of carboxylic acids?
4. In an alcohol, which part is the functional group?
5. What happens if you have a flammable vapour and a naked flame?
- A flash fire
- The air can burn
- A chemical reaction
- An explosion
Similar Science resources: