1. Which of these is NOT a rock which can cause hard water?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which ions cause temporary hardness?
- Silicon dioxide ions
- Hydrogencarbonate ions
- Calcium carbonates ions
- Sulfur ions
3. Which of these is NOT a property of esters?
- They don't dissolve in alcohols
- They are flammable and volatile
- They often have sweet and fruity smells
- They don't mix with water
4. Which dissolved ions cause hardness in water?
- Calcium and Magnesium
- Magnesium and Aluminium
- Fluorine and Calcium
- Aluminium and Fluorine
5. Which of these is NOT a property of transition metals?
- Good conductors of heat and electricity
- More reactive than Group 1 metals
- Dense, strong and shiny
- The ions can form colourful compounds
Similar Science resources: