1. Which dissolved ions cause hardness in water?
- Fluorine and Calcium
- Calcium and Magnesium
- Magnesium and Aluminium
- Aluminium and Fluorine
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. How do you test for halides?
- Sense of smell, if plasticy smell produced then yes
- Add hydrochloric acid, if hydrogen porduced(squeaky pop tess) then yes
- Add dilute nitric acid followed by silver nitrate solution and test the colour of the precipitate
- Add silver nitrate solution followed by nitric acid and test colour of precipitate
3. What happens to Halogens (Group 7) as you go down the group?
- They get lighter in colour and more volatile
- The get less reactive
- They get more reactive
4. The salts formed in reactions with carbonates and carboxylic acids end in...?
5. Fucontional group of carboxylic acids?
Similar Science resources: