1. Which dissolved ions cause hardness in water?
- Calcium and Magnesium
- Magnesium and Aluminium
- Fluorine and Calcium
- Aluminium and Fluorine
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these are posionous salts which need to be removed from drinking water?
- Phosphates and nitrates
- Magnesium compounds
- Sulfates and carbonates
3. What happens if you react any acid(including carboxylic) with a carbonate?
- A salt and carbon dioxide produced
- Hydrogen produced only
- A salt and hydrogen produced
- Oxygen and water produced
4. Identifying metal ions, what are the colours shown when using a flame test for the ions in this order: Barium, Calcium, Potassium, Lithium, Sodium
- Green, Brick-Red, Lilac, Crimson, Yellow
- Yellow, Green, Brick- Red, Crimson, Lilac
- Lilac, Brick-Red, Crimosn, Yellow, Green
- Green, Yellow, Lilac, Crimson, Brick-Red
5. Scale forms on the inside of pipes boilers and kettles when hard water is heated. What is this mostly made of?
- Ethyl Ethanoate
- Hydrochloric Acid
- Calcium Carbonate
- Magnesium Sulfate
Similar Science resources: