1. A scaled kettle will mean what?
- The water takes longer and more energy to boil- the scale acts as a thermal insulator
- You are less likely to develope certain diseases
- Your teeth will be in better condition
- The kettle will stop working immediately
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What happens to Halogens (Group 7) as you go down the group?
- They get lighter in colour and more volatile
- The get less reactive
- They get more reactive
3. Tetsing for negative ions: how do you test for carbonates?
- Add a dilute acid, pass the gas produced through limewater- if turns cloudy then yes
- Evaporate the water, if scale produce then yes
- Add sodium hydroxide, if is dissolves then yes
- Add nitric acid, if hydrogen produced(squeaky pop test) then yes
4. If you add sodium hydroxide when testing for metal ions, a white precipitate forms, but then redissolves, what ion is present?
- Copper 2+
- Calcium 2+
- Aluminium 3+
- Ammonia 1-
5. How can you make ethanoic acid?
- By evaporation
- By oxidising ethanol
- By combustion
- By reducing ethanol
Similar Science resources: