1. Which of these is NOT a property of the first three alcohols?
- They react with carbonates to produce a salt and carbon dioxide
- They are flammable and burn in air to produce carbon dioxide and water
- The dissolve in water to form neautral solutions
- The react with sodium to form hydrogen and alkoxides
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What causes permanant hardness?
- Presence of an alcohol
- Weak acids
3. Scale forms on the inside of pipes boilers and kettles when hard water is heated. What is this mostly made of?
- Calcium Carbonate
- Hydrochloric Acid
- Magnesium Sulfate
- Ethyl Ethanoate
4. What is the difference between scale and scum?
- Scale is made from mostly calcium and magnesiums carbonates which builds up on the inside of pipes, boilers and kettles, scum is what you get when hard water reacts with soap
- Scale is from permanant hardness, Scum is from temporary
- They are the same
- Scum in slightly acidic
5. Fucontional group of carboxylic acids?
Similar Science resources: