1. What was the original intention of the internet according to Berners-Lee (1999)?
- “The idea was not just that it should be a big browsing medium. The idea was that everybody would be putting their ideas in, as well as taking them out.”
- “The idea was for the internet to be used as a large browsing medium.”
- “A way for the lay person to obtain credible information from academics in various different people.”
- “A method for people to keep in touch with each other.”
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Research by Trevarthen and Murray 1993 evidenced that?
- Babies are aware of adult’s non-verbal cues through facial expressions
- Babies can effectively communicate with care givers
- Babies are unaware of adult’s non-verbal cues through facial expressions
- Babies cannot communicate effectively with care givers
3. What is Dysarthia?
- Difficulty using muscles in the throat, mouth, tongue and larynx
- Difficulty coordinating muscles to make sounds or syllables
- Willingness to speak in a limited number of situations but refusal to speak in others
- Difficulty swallowing
4. Human communication is?
- 86% body language and 14% words
- 93% words and 7% body language
- 93% body language and 7% words
- 95% body language and 5% words
5. Who argues that the brain has an inbuilt facility for language development described as a language acquisition device?