1. Material deposited directly is known as...
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. what end is downstream?
3. What are the features of an Alpine glacier?
- Tese glaciers melt in summer, releasing huge amounts of meltwater. This acts as a lubricant, reducing friction. Temperate glaciers move by basal flow, extending/compressing flow, creep and surges. This type of glacier is more likely to erode,.
- these glaciers occur in areas where the temperature is permanently below 0°C, and therefore no melting occurs. Movement is slower than in temperate glaciers as they are frozen to their beds and thus move mainly by internal flow.
- It is in an alpine forest with little movement and very cold temperatures
4. An example of human activity in cold environments
- The Unuits
- Venuts Grewtchen
5. what do sandurs consist of?
- sand only
- chunks of glacier
- material that was brought down by the glacier