1. what are varves a good indicator of?
- stream discharge flow rate
- past climates
- a glacier size
- the animals in a stream
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. what do sandurs consist of?
- material that was brought down by the glacier
- chunks of glacier
- sand only
3. What are the features of a cold glacier
- a polar glacier is one in a pole area
- these glaciers occur in areas where the temperature is permanently below 0°C, and therefore no melting occurs. Movement is slower than in temperate glaciers as they are frozen to their beds and thus move mainly by internal flow.
- these glaciers melt in summer, releasing huge amounts of meltwater. This acts as a lubricant, reducing friction. Temperate glaciers move by basal flow, extending/compressing flow, creep and surges.
4. the effects of wind and water action can be seen in..?
- smooth snow
- grooved and polished rocks
- esker shapes
5. what can be created from frost heave?
- an esker
- stone strips and polygons
- an irregular permafrost pattern
- squares and triangles