1. What is an example of a psychological dependency on cocaine?
- Urges to use cocaine when they're in specific surroundings or socialising with friends
- When the user's body adapts to cocaine and cannot biologically function without it
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Cocaine modifies the action of which neurotransmitter?
3. How does cocaine work?
- It inhibits the reuptake of dopamine & other neurotransmitters
- By mimicking endorphins
- It blocks the release of dopamine
4. What is an example of a long term consequence of cocaine?
- Increased sex drive
- Disturbances in heart rhythm & heart attacks
- Low blood pressure
- Increased concentration
5. How does tolerance work in regards to cocaine?
- Tolerance takes around 6 months to build up
- Users are able to reach the same high every time as their inital experience
- The brain becomes less sensitive to cocaine and natural dopamine production
- Tolerance does not develop at all