1. What did the extension do to the beach?
- Made it dirty
- Starved the beach
- Supplied it with sediment
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. What were the schemes' purpose?
- To protect wildlife
- To determine the most suitable method of retaining sediment, dissipating wave energy and reduce the flooding and whilst maintaining the beach
- To build a better beach for the tourists
3. What was done to the rocks in the cliffs?
- They were reinforced with steel
- Ground water was drained to improve stability
- They were replaced with granite
4. Which was the most cost effective method of the scheme?
- Replacing the 1930s groynes and replenishing the beach
- Adding even more rock armor
- Managed retreat
5. How long have the coastal defenses been carried out since?
- 20th century
- 19th century
- 18th century
Similar Geography resources: