1. True or false: each oligodendrocyte can myelinate up to 50 axons?
- Hmmm... anyone fancy a game of cards?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following statements about astrocytes is true?
- They are unipolar cells with short processes that have many functions, including axon guidance
- They are multipolar cells with short processes that have many functions, including metabolic support
- They a multipolar cells with long processes that have many functions, including the regulation of homeostasis
- They are unipolar cells with long processes that have many functions, including scar formation
3. True or false: Inhibitory synapses tend to be close to the soma?
- Hmm... Just a minute
4. What is the role of astrocytes in the CNS?
- Provide active immune defence
- Secrete CSF
- Support the endothelial cells of the blood-brain barrier and participate in brain scarring
5. What makes up the CNS?
- Sensory, motor & enteric nervous systems
- Brain & spinal cord
- Parasympathetic, sympathetic & enteric nervous systems
- Somatic, autonomic & enteric nervous systems