1. Which of the following is not a reason given by Heath, Jowell and Curtis for the decline in size of the traditional Labour voter base?
- decline in union membership
- decrease in the number of council house tennants
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What percentage of members of the working class were union members in 1979 and 1997?
3. Who says that the decline of the manufacturing industry and restructuring of Western European economies has diminished the number of the traditional working class?
4. Who shows that there is a persisting difference in party preference between cohorts which demonstrates the impact of generational socialization effects?
- Evans and Tilley
- Lipset and Rokkan
- Butler and Stokes
- Brooks and Manza
5. Who put forward the theory of cognitive mobilization? (voters rely less on social cues when casting votes due to educational increases and media)