- Created by: mayono1
- Created on: 25-11-17 15:47
1. What is cultural deprivation?
- when children arent socialized adequately so they lack the basic 'cultural equipment' which includes language, spelling and reading
- when children aren't socialized adequately and so they lack the basic 'cultural equipment'
- when children are socialised adequately but do bad at school
- when children are not allowed to have a culture
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why is being culturally deprived a problem?
- because it's the law
- because it causes students to underachieve
- because it puts students at an advantage to do well
- because teachers don't like it
3. What did Feinstein find out about educated parents?
- they were more likely to teach their children about having their own competence
- they were more likely to use praise which encourages children to develop a sense of their own competence
- they were more likely to use insults which discourages children from developing sense of their own competence
- they were less likely to use praise which encourages children to develop a sense of their own competence
4. What are external factors?
- factors outside of the home
- factors within the workplace
- factors outside the education system
- factors within the hospital
5. Why did children have lower levels of motivation and ambition according to Douglas (1964)?
- their teachers did not care about their education and didn't encourage them
- their parents didn't take interest in their education and gave them less encouragement
- their teachers didnt take interest in their education and gave them no encouragment
- their parents took too much interest in their education and gave them too much encouragement