1. What is cultural deprivation?
- when children are socialised adequately but do bad at school
- when children aren't socialized adequately and so they lack the basic 'cultural equipment'
- when children are not allowed to have a culture
- when children arent socialized adequately so they lack the basic 'cultural equipment' which includes language, spelling and reading
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why is being culturally deprived a problem?
- because it's the law
- because it causes students to underachieve
- because it puts students at an advantage to do well
- because teachers don't like it
3. What is a subculture?
- a made up culture
- a group whos attitudes and values are the same of those of mainstream cultures
- a group whose attitudes and values differ from those of the mainstream culture
- a small culture
4. What did Feinstein find out about educated parents?
- they were more likely to use praise which encourages children to develop a sense of their own competence
- they were less likely to use praise which encourages children to develop a sense of their own competence
- they were more likely to use insults which discourages children from developing sense of their own competence
- they were more likely to teach their children about having their own competence
5. What are the 3 main aspects of cultural deprivation?
- spelling, parents education and working class subculture
- language, parents education, working class subculture
- language, grandparents education and upper class subculture
- spelling, sisters education and working class subculture