1. Southern Democrats nominated who for their presidental candidate?
- Strom Thurmond
- Walter White
- Adam Clayton Powell
- James Farmer
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was McLAURIN v. OKLAHOMA STATE REGENTS? 1950
- Segregation on the Montgomery buses was illegal.
- Segregation in Oklahoma's local library was declared unconstitutional.
- A black student could not be physically separated from white students in the University of Oklahoma.
- Segregation in the Texan Law School was illegal.
3. Truman said that legal equality was...
- Should be given to blacks when whites were ready.
- A black man's basic right.
- Only meant for whites.
- Never to be given to blacks.
4. What was the Supreme Court Ruling SHELLEY v. KRAEMER?
- A ruling against library and swimming pool segregation- 1949
- A ruling against interstate travel segregation- 1950
- A ruling against discrimination in housing- 1948- ineffective.
- A ruling against railway seating segregation-1946
5. What did the "To Secure these Rights" report of October 1947 propose?
- Anti-lynching legislation and the abolition of the poll tax.
- The abolishment of the FEPC.
- That nothing needed to be changed.
- That African Americans had a "satisfactory" level of rights
Similar History resources: