1. Truman established what to investigate increasing violence against blacks?
- A committee made of African American ex-slaves
- A mock committee founded by KKK members to attack blacks.
- A liberal Civil Rights Committee
- No committee was established.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was SWEATT v. PAINTER? 1950
- Segregation on park benches was abolished.
- A separate black Texan law school was not equal to the University of Texas Law School to which the black petitioner had therefore to be admitted.
- Segregation at the Mississippi Mathmatics school was declared as "degrading" by president Truman.
- Segregation in Oklahoma's local library was declared unconstitutional.
3. Truman said that legal equality was...
- Should be given to blacks when whites were ready.
- A black man's basic right.
- Only meant for whites.
- Never to be given to blacks.
4. Truman was the first president to address what, and when?
- The NAACP- 1947
- SNCC- 1950
- CORE- 1949
- SCLC- 1948
5. Who was Hubert Humphrey?
- The Kansas Mayor
- The Minneapolis Mayor
- The Mississippi Mayor
- Not a Mayor
Similar History resources: