1. Which of these was NOT part of the progress under Truman?
- Congress refused to pass civil rights legislation
- Some states legislated against discrimination
- Truman urged reform
- Truman's support for NAACP Supreme Court Rulings
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. By 1952, how many states and how many cities had fair employment laws?
- 11 states + 20 cities
- 4 states + 5 cities
- 17 states + 29 cities
- 2 states + 4 cities
3. What was the Supreme Court Ruling SHELLEY v. KRAEMER?
- A ruling against interstate travel segregation- 1950
- A ruling against railway seating segregation-1946
- A ruling against discrimination in housing- 1948- ineffective.
- A ruling against library and swimming pool segregation- 1949
4. What did Mayor Humphrey reject?
- His black friend who was trying to date him- Alice.
- The Dixiecrat Civil Rights Plank- designed to satisfy southern whites.
- Truman's programme
- The CR legislation proposed by Eisenhower.
5. What did the Fair Employment Board aim to do?
- Give blacks reparations.
- Give minorities equal treatment in federal employment.
- Give blacks jobs on reservations.
- Help the poor out of poverty
Similar History resources: