1. When did Truman try and end discrimination among federal employees?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Truman said that legal equality was...
- Should be given to blacks when whites were ready.
- Never to be given to blacks.
- A black man's basic right.
- Only meant for whites.
3. What was SWEATT v. PAINTER? 1950
- Segregation on park benches was abolished.
- Segregation in Oklahoma's local library was declared unconstitutional.
- A separate black Texan law school was not equal to the University of Texas Law School to which the black petitioner had therefore to be admitted.
- Segregation at the Mississippi Mathmatics school was declared as "degrading" by president Truman.
4. How did different parts of America react to the democratic convention?
- Westerners :) Northerners + Southerners :(
- Northerners :) Westerners :I Southerners :(
- Northerners + Westerners :) Southerners :(
- Southerners :) Northerners + Westerners :(
5. What did Humphrey advocate?
- Black power
- White supremacy.
- The adoption of Truman's new programme
- The KKK morals
Similar History resources: