1. What was Truman's attitude towards the FEPC?
- He gave little help and refused to ask congress for funding.
- He helped them a great deal in Washington.
- He gave them no real help, but tried to get funding from Congress. Half-hearted commitment.
- He did nothing for them.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. By 1952, how many states and how many cities had fair employment laws?
- 17 states + 29 cities
- 11 states + 20 cities
- 4 states + 5 cities
- 2 states + 4 cities
3. What was HENDERSON v. US?- 1950
- Segregation at the Mississippi Library was to be abolished.
- Segregation on the Montgomery buses was illegal.
- Segregation on railway dining cars was illegal under the Interstate Commerce Act
- Segregation in the Texan Law School was illegal.
4. Southern Democrats nominated who for their presidental candidate?
- James Farmer
- Strom Thurmond
- Adam Clayton Powell
- Walter White
5. How did different parts of America react to the democratic convention?
- Southerners :) Northerners + Westerners :(
- Westerners :) Northerners + Southerners :(
- Northerners + Westerners :) Southerners :(
- Northerners :) Westerners :I Southerners :(
Similar History resources: