1. What was Truman's response to post-war attacks on black servicemen in 1945/46?
- He gave reparations to the servicemen.
- He found it humorous and laughed about it.
- He was horrified by the attacks, and said they "turned his stomach over"
- He ignored the attacks.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. By 1952, how many states and how many cities had fair employment laws?
- 17 states + 29 cities
- 2 states + 4 cities
- 11 states + 20 cities
- 4 states + 5 cities
3. What did Humphrey advocate?
- Black power
- The adoption of Truman's new programme
- The KKK morals
- White supremacy.
4. Why was the CGCC less effective than the FEPC?
- The CGCC was hindered by white supremacy.
- Because it could only recommend and not enforce.
- The FEPC was established first, and therefore was more effective.
- It lacked sufficient funding.
5. What was McLAURIN v. OKLAHOMA STATE REGENTS? 1950
- Segregation on the Montgomery buses was illegal.
- A black student could not be physically separated from white students in the University of Oklahoma.
- Segregation in the Texan Law School was illegal.
- Segregation in Oklahoma's local library was declared unconstitutional.
Similar History resources: