1. What did the "To Secure these Rights" report of October 1947 propose?
- That nothing needed to be changed.
- Anti-lynching legislation and the abolition of the poll tax.
- The abolishment of the FEPC.
- That African Americans had a "satisfactory" level of rights
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who was Adam Clayton Powell?
- President Truman's friend.
- The president after Truman
- A black representative.
- A white racist
3. How did different parts of America react to the democratic convention?
- Southerners :) Northerners + Westerners :(
- Northerners + Westerners :) Southerners :(
- Northerners :) Westerners :I Southerners :(
- Westerners :) Northerners + Southerners :(
4. By executive order 10308, what did Truman establish?
- A secret police set out to abolish the KKK
- The Fair Employment Board
- The Committee on Government Contract Compliance- encouraged companies to halt job discrimination. (DECEMBER 1951)
- A civil rights bill
5. What was SWEATT v. PAINTER? 1950
- Segregation at the Mississippi Mathmatics school was declared as "degrading" by president Truman.
- A separate black Texan law school was not equal to the University of Texas Law School to which the black petitioner had therefore to be admitted.
- Segregation in Oklahoma's local library was declared unconstitutional.
- Segregation on park benches was abolished.
Similar History resources: