1. Which is NOT a use of GC-MS?
- treatment of strokes
- drug testing
- airport security
- forensic analysis
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which is NOT a limitation of thin layer chromatography?
- unknown compounds have no Rf value for comparison
- similar compounds have similar retention times
- similar compounds have similar Rf values
- may be difficult to find a solvent which will separate all components
3. What does a liquid stationary phase separate by?
- relative solubility
4. Name the stationary phase in thin layer chromatography?
- thin layer of adsorbent on inert support
- thin layer of solid inside capillary tubing
- inert gas
- liquid solvent
5. What is the benefit of coupling gas chromatography with mass spectrometry
- gas chromatography separates compounds and mass spectra can be compared to a database
- both the retention time and mass spectra can be used to improve the reliability of the identification
- mass spectroscopy separates the compounds and retention times can be compared to a database