1. What does Vygotsky's Sociocultural Theory say?
- Language is not important although is needed later on in life as an adult
- Children construct knowledge, development cannot be separated from its social context, language plays big role in cog development
- Children adapt to environments, particularly social ones, and that defines their cognitive processing
- Socio and cultural two words I hate nope bye bye
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. What were academics fearful of demonstrating with Vygotsky?
3. What was the problem with developmental psychology by Vygotsky?
- It's boring as F**K
- Too large of an audience
- Small audience + did not offer simple experiment paradigm
- Not easy to generalise, just Russians
4. What did Vygotsky believe?
- Psychological revolution would make everyone more aware of their social environments
- Russian revolution would destroy the country
- Socialist revolution would bring equality and justice
- Industrial revolution would make everyone into robotz
5. What was Vygotsky's dissertation in?
- Psychology of society
- Psychology of art
- Psychology of medicine
- Psychology of food