Skip to content
Back to quiz
6. In the Scientific Revolution, what did Locke look to experiment?
- An observation, rather than ancient texts for certainty
- Modern texts to compare to ancient ones
- Ancient texts
7. Leibnitz was promise what if he succeeded with his designs?
- Lifetime pension, designs didn't work tho
- Lifetime prison, luckily designs didn't work
- Lifetime supply of windmills to carry on business
- Lifetime pension, designs worked!
8. What did the Molyneux Problem conclude?
- CHIP is worthless lol
- Be too dazzled by visual images for it to happen, however underlying geometry of shapes = independent of sensory images that illustrate them
- Be too confused by visual images for anything to happen, however underlying geometry of shapes = independent of sensory images in brain
- Be too dazzled by sensory images for it to happen, however underlying geometry of shapes = independent of visual images that illustrate them
9. How did early modern scientists establish matter of fact?
- Through observation, direct witnessing of experiments and reporting this in journals
- Take a pic and upload it on insta with all the hashtags #likeforlike #instawhat nofilter
- Through witnessing people do the experiment but not publishing it as it was inside knowledge
- Through publishing articles but not actually witnessing the experiment being carried out
10. Leibnitz was obsessed with using windmill power to do what?
- You don't want to know...
- To drain from miles in the mountains
- To gather wind processed power
- To gather solar power
11. Sentinent Monads:
- Capable of focusing on attention with no ability to understand pain and pleasure
- Capable of consciousness pleasure and pain, voluntary focusing of attention
- Involuntary focusing of attention, incapable of consciousness pleasure and pain
- I'm tired can I go home?
12. Simple Monads:
- Stupid people with no brains
- Indistinct unconscious perception = all things have it
- Conscious but indistinct perception = most things have it
- Distinct unconscious perception = some things have it
13. Supreme Monad:
- soul controls nothing Monads are stupid basically this is a waste of time cool
- soul knows and controls everything, Monads = harmonious
- Monads = out of time, soul knows everything
- soul knows nothing but controls everything
14. Leibnitz co-invented what with who?
- Microscope with Locke
- Calculus with Isaac Newton
- Abacus with Isaac Newton
- Windmills duh, he don't need no help
15. Supreme Monads:
- Equated with God for which all purposes and perception are created
- People on their high horse
- Equated with God for which all purposes and perception are removed
- Equated with God where no purposes and perceptions are created
16. The Molyneux Problem included what three things?
- a blind man, a cube and a sphere
- a blind man, a cube and a square
- a blind man, a square and a cube
- a man, a woman and a shape of some sort dunno wasn't really listening