1. How many people did the self-help scheme in the diadema favela help?
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. How many years did the self-help scheme in the diadema favela take to complete?
3. What was done in the local authority scheme in the Morumbi district?
- poorest areas identified, people forced to leave, sites bulldozed, housing flattened and rebuilt
- poorest areas identified, people given materials to build their own homes
- poorest areas identified, plots set up with water and gas, people build their own houses on plots
4. How many people were rehoused in the Morumbi district?
5. What does the Chingapura project aim to do?
- improve life for residents living in squatter settlements
- increase profits for economy
- improve sanitation all over the city