1. Which is an example of assimilation?
- goggy (doggy)
- burber (burger)
- po (pot)
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which is an example of deletion?
- do (dog)
- goggie (doggie)
3. What is a proto-word?
- A word which is used, and has an actual meaning,but has not been "accepted" as a word by officials
- A word that means the same as a full adult sentence
4. What is the definition of a consonant cluster reduction?
- A process were an extra vowel is added to the world to make a CVCV structure
- Some sounds change because of other sounds around them. Usually, the first consonant sound is influence by the second
- Children find it difficult to articulate groups of consonants so they reduce the phoneme to just one consonant
- Also known as babbling, consonant-vowel (CV) patterns are repeated
5. what phonemes do the alveolars produce?
- d3, 3, s, ts