1. What is the relationship between the 4s sub-shell and the 3d sub-shell?
- the 4s sub-shell has a lower energy level then the 3d sub-shell
- they have no relationship
- the 4s sub-shell has equal energy level to the 3d sub-shell
- the 3d sub-shell has a lower energy than the 4s sub-shell
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. When negative ions are formed, what happens to the electrons in the highest energy orbitals?
- electrons are added
- the number of electrons is doubled
- electrons are removed
- the number of electrons stays the same
3. What is the electronic configuration of Potassium, K?
- 1s^2 2s^2 2p^6 3s^2 3p^6 4s^4
- (^ indicates a subscript) 1s^2 2s^2 2p^6 3s^2 3p^6 4s^1
- 1s^2 2s^2 2p^6 3s^2 3p^6 4s^2
- 1s^2 2s^2 3s^2 3p^6 4s^1
4. The Periodic Table is structured in blocks of 2,6,10 and 14 elements, linked to....
5. How can the electronic configuration be abbreviated?
- to show the last half of its electronic configuration
- to show just the inner shell of the element
- to show just the outer shell of the element
- it can not be abbreviated
Similar Chemistry resources: