1. When does the 4p orbital begin to fill?
- after the 4s orbital is full
- after the 4s sub-shell is full
- after the 3d orbital is full
- before the 3d orbital is full
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. How can the electronic configuration be abbreviated?
- it can not be abbreviated
- to show the last half of its electronic configuration
- to show just the outer shell of the element
- to show just the inner shell of the element
3. What affect does the principal quantum number n, have on the energy level and distance of the shell from the nucleus?
- the principal quantum number has no affect on the energy level or distance of the shell from the nucleus
- the larger the value of the principal quantum number , the higher the energy level and the further the shell from the nucleus
- the larger the value of the principal quantum, the lower the energy level and the closer the shell is to the nucleus
- the larger the value of the principal quantum number, the higher the energy level and the closer the shell is to the nucleus
4. When positive ions are formed, what happens to the electrons in the highest energy orbitals?
- electrons are removed
- electrons are added
- the number of electrons stays the same
- the number of the electrons is doubled
5. What are the names of the blocks that the Periodic Table is structured in?
- s-block, p-block, r-block, f-block
- s-block, p-block, d-block, f-block
- 2-block, 6-block, 10-block, 14-block
- s-block, t-block, u-block, v-block
Similar Chemistry resources: