1. How do MOT tests help combat air pollution?
- Cars emissions can be checked and people may be fined for producing to many pollutants.
- They can clear out any problems that will cause more pollutants to be created in the engine of the car.
- They can show why your car produces so much pollution.
- They can show you what types of things can be attached to your car to reduce the pollution.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. For a long time, the earths early atmosphere was mostly carbon dioxide. Where did this carbon dioxide come from?
- Meteors entering the earths atmosphere.
- The volcanoes.
- Decomposing plant life.
- Dinosaur excriment.
3. What atoms make up carbon monoxide? Under what conditions is carbon monoxide produced?
- ONE carbon and ONE oxygen atom. When there's not enough carbon available when fuels burn.
- ONE carbon and ONE oxygen atom. When there's not enough oxygen available when fuels burn.
- TWO carbon and ONE oxygen atom. When there's not enough sulfur available when fuels burn.
- THREE carbon and THREE oxygen atoms. When there's not enough oxygen available when fuels burn.
4. Name the main element that makes up coal.
- Carbon dioxide.
5. What do catalytic converters do?
- They turn harmful gases into harmless gases by either adding or reducing the oxygen.
- They trap the harmful gases and over time break them down until they are completely obliterated.
- They speed up reaction by making it easier for the atoms to collide.
- They are fitted onto cars to see how much pollutants they are giving out.