1. What effects does acid rain have on the environment?
- It only effects human beings.
- It only really kills trees because the acid is very weak.
- Lakes become acidic and kill plants and animals, it kills trees and damages buildings and statues made from certain types of stone (e.g limestone)
- It doesn't effect the environment the acid is so weak it doesn't damage anything.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What effects do nitrogen oxides have on the environment?
- It reacts with nitrates in the soil and causes sea levels to rise and adds to global warming.
- It doesn't, nothing happens to them.
- It turns to acid rain and damages statues/buildings, kills fish, kills trees etc.
- It unknown by scientists.
3. How does sulfur dioxide leave the atmosphere?
- In the form of radioactive sun beams.
- In the form of rain.
- In the form of acid rain.
- In the form of smog.
4. What removes carbon dioxide from the atmosphere?
- Lunor pull.
- Microscopic insects.
- Sea levels.
5. What do catalytic converters do?
- They trap the harmful gases and over time break them down until they are completely obliterated.
- They speed up reaction by making it easier for the atoms to collide.
- They turn harmful gases into harmless gases by either adding or reducing the oxygen.
- They are fitted onto cars to see how much pollutants they are giving out.