1. What do catalytic converters do?
- They trap the harmful gases and over time break them down until they are completely obliterated.
- They speed up reaction by making it easier for the atoms to collide.
- They turn harmful gases into harmless gases by either adding or reducing the oxygen.
- They are fitted onto cars to see how much pollutants they are giving out.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Name one result of pollution which causes direct harm to humans, and one which causes indirect harm.
- Argon (hearing loss) and Nitrates (global warming).
- Carbon monoxide (blood loss) and sulfer dioxide (global warming).
- Carbon monoxide (death if inhailed) and sulfer dioxide (acid rain).
- Oxygen (breathing problems) and Carbon (acid rain).
3. Give the formulas of nitrogen monoxide and nitrogen dioxide.
- Nitrogen monoxide= PO, nitrogen dioxide= NO
- Nitrogen monoxide= NO^2, nitrogen dioxide= NO
- Nitrogen monoxide= NO, nitrogen dioxide= NO^2.
- Nitrogen monoxide= NOO, nitrogen dioxide = NONONON
4. What is a hydrocarbon?
- An unknown compound.
- A compound of hydrogen and carbon.
- A compound of Hydrogen and carbonoxide.
- A compound of hydroxide and oxygen.
5. Name two things that everyone could do in order to reduce carbon dioxide pollution.
- Reuse more.
- Use less energy.
- Use less electricity.
- Recycle more.