1. Give the formulas of nitrogen monoxide and nitrogen dioxide.
- Nitrogen monoxide= NO^2, nitrogen dioxide= NO
- Nitrogen monoxide= NOO, nitrogen dioxide = NONONON
- Nitrogen monoxide= NO, nitrogen dioxide= NO^2.
- Nitrogen monoxide= PO, nitrogen dioxide= NO
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What do catalytic converters do?
- They are fitted onto cars to see how much pollutants they are giving out.
- They turn harmful gases into harmless gases by either adding or reducing the oxygen.
- They speed up reaction by making it easier for the atoms to collide.
- They trap the harmful gases and over time break them down until they are completely obliterated.
3. For a long time, the earths early atmosphere was mostly carbon dioxide. Where did this carbon dioxide come from?
- The volcanoes.
- Dinosaur excriment.
- Decomposing plant life.
- Meteors entering the earths atmosphere.
4. Name one result of pollution which causes direct harm to humans, and one which causes indirect harm.
- Carbon monoxide (death if inhailed) and sulfer dioxide (acid rain).
- Carbon monoxide (blood loss) and sulfer dioxide (global warming).
- Oxygen (breathing problems) and Carbon (acid rain).
- Argon (hearing loss) and Nitrates (global warming).
5. Describe how nitrogen dioxide is produced when fossil fuels are burnt.
- Fuels in a car engine burn and create nitrogen monoxide, then once the carbon monoxide is in the air it will react with oxygen to give nitrogen dioxide.
- Fuels in a car engine burn and create nitrogen monoxide, then once the nitrogen monoxide reacts with more nitrogen in the atmosphere is turns into nitrogen dioxide.
- Fossil fuels are burnt and creates nitrogen. The nitrogen reacts with oxygen in the air and creates nitrogen dioxide.
- Fossil fuels burn and create excess nitrogen so it's put in a combiner and turned into nitrogen dioxide for experiments.