1. Name one result of pollution which causes direct harm to humans, and one which causes indirect harm.
- Carbon monoxide (death if inhailed) and sulfer dioxide (acid rain).
- Argon (hearing loss) and Nitrates (global warming).
- Carbon monoxide (blood loss) and sulfer dioxide (global warming).
- Oxygen (breathing problems) and Carbon (acid rain).
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Atoms can disappear completely in some chemical reaction - true or false?
3. What is a hydrocarbon?
- A compound of Hydrogen and carbonoxide.
- A compound of hydrogen and carbon.
- A compound of hydroxide and oxygen.
- An unknown compound.
4. Describe how nitrogen dioxide is produced when fossil fuels are burnt.
- Fossil fuels are burnt and creates nitrogen. The nitrogen reacts with oxygen in the air and creates nitrogen dioxide.
- Fuels in a car engine burn and create nitrogen monoxide, then once the carbon monoxide is in the air it will react with oxygen to give nitrogen dioxide.
- Fuels in a car engine burn and create nitrogen monoxide, then once the nitrogen monoxide reacts with more nitrogen in the atmosphere is turns into nitrogen dioxide.
- Fossil fuels burn and create excess nitrogen so it's put in a combiner and turned into nitrogen dioxide for experiments.
5. Name two things that everyone could do in order to reduce carbon dioxide pollution.
- Reuse more.
- Use less electricity.
- Recycle more.
- Use less energy.