1. Name the main element that makes up coal.
- Carbon dioxide.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. When a hydrocarbon fuel burns, with what substance in the air do the hydrogen and carbon atom combine?
3. How do MOT tests help combat air pollution?
- Cars emissions can be checked and people may be fined for producing to many pollutants.
- They can clear out any problems that will cause more pollutants to be created in the engine of the car.
- They can show why your car produces so much pollution.
- They can show you what types of things can be attached to your car to reduce the pollution.
4. How does sulfur dioxide leave the atmosphere?
- In the form of rain.
- In the form of smog.
- In the form of acid rain.
- In the form of radioactive sun beams.
5. What 3 main gases is the current atmosphere made of and in what proportions are they found?
- Nitrogen 78%, Oxygen 21%, and Argon 1%.
- Nitrogen 80%, Oxygen 10%, and Argon 10%.
- Nitrogen 71%, Oxygen 28%, and Argon 1%.
- Nitrogen 70%, Oxygen 25%, and Argon 5%.