1. Elements are arranged in increasing order of atomic mass in the Periodic Table. - Which of the following scientists made the above statement?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the product of water and pentyl ethanoate under acidic conditions?
- Ethanoic acid and pentanol
- Pentanol, two equivalents
- Butanol and water
- Ethanoic acid, two equivalents
3. Element M is in Group 2 in the Periodic Table. Element M reacts with chlorine gas to form a compound with the formula MCl2 What is the formula of the oxide of element M?
- MO FARAH
- None of them.
4. Imagine an aluminium window grill. Which of the following explains why does the window does not corrode rapidly?
- Aluminium is a light and hard metal.
- Aluminium has a low specific heat capacity.
- Aluminium is protected by a layer of aluminium oxide on its surface.
- Aluminium reacts with air in the presence of water.
5. Which of the following statement is about oxidation reaction?
- Decrease in oxidation number
- Gain of hydrogen
- Loss of electrons
- Loss of oxygen