1. Imagine a cold pack. The main compound used to produce the material in cold pack is manufactured by
- Haber Process
- Contact Process
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following substance is made up of ions?
- Rubidium chloride
- Silicon dioxide
3. Imagine an aluminium window grill. Which of the following explains why does the window does not corrode rapidly?
- Aluminium is protected by a layer of aluminium oxide on its surface.
- Aluminium reacts with air in the presence of water.
- Aluminium is a light and hard metal.
- Aluminium has a low specific heat capacity.
4. During the experiment to determine the heat of precipitation, silver nitrate solution is added to zinc chloride solution. The accuracy of the results is increased by …
- wrapping the polystyrene cup with cotton.
- conducting the experiment next to an open window.
- wrapping the polystyrene cup with aluminium foil.
- using a ceramic cup instead of a polystyrene cup.
5. Which of the following pairs of additive in detergent and its function is correct?
- Sodium sulphate - To soften the water
- Sodium tripoliphosphate - To enable detergent to be poured easily
- Sodium perborate - To convert stains into colourless substances
- Sodium silicate - To remove protein stain