1. The following statements are true about exothermic reactions except
- the energy content of the products is lower than that of the reactants.
- the reaction release heat to the surrounding
- the formation of bond releases more energy than is required in the bond breaking
- the formation of bond releases less energy than is required in the bond breaking
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following pairs of additive in detergent and its function is correct?
- Sodium sulphate - To soften the water
- Sodium tripoliphosphate - To enable detergent to be poured easily
- Sodium perborate - To convert stains into colourless substances
- Sodium silicate - To remove protein stain
3. Which of the following salt is soluble in water?
- Lead(II) iodide
- Sodium carbonate
- Barium sulphate
- Silver chloride
4. Elements are arranged in increasing order of atomic mass in the Periodic Table. - Which of the following scientists made the above statement?
5. Element M is in Group 2 in the Periodic Table. Element M reacts with chlorine gas to form a compound with the formula MCl2 What is the formula of the oxide of element M?
- MO FARAH
- None of them.