1. What would you see if bromine is added to cyclohexene?
- Orange precipitate
- Decolourises bromine
- White precipitate
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are secondary alcohols oxidised to?
- Carboxylic acids
3. What does Brady's reagent test for?
- Aldehyde only
- Carbonyl groups
- Ketones only
- Carbon carbon double bonds
4. What are the reagents needed for nitration of benzene
- NaNO2 and HCl
- conc H2SO4 and conc HNO3
- Tin and conc HCl
5. Why does bromine act more readily with cyclohexene than with benzene
- Bromine cannot react with either
- Halogen carrier
- Localised electrons can polarise bromine molecules
- Bromine accepts delocalised electrons