1. What does Brady's reagent test for?
- Carbonyl groups
- Carbon carbon double bonds
- Ketones only
- Aldehyde only
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which gas is produced when phenol reacts with a reactive metal?
- Carbon dioxide
- Water vapour
3. Which is not a piece of evidence that disproves Kekule's structure of Benzene?
- High melting point
- Enthalpy change of hydrogenation
- The carbon - carbon bond lengths
- Low reactivity
4. What is the name of the salt formed when phenol reacts with sodium hydroxide
- Sodium phenoxide
- Phenol benzoate
- Sodium benzoate
5. What does H- ion act as in a nucleophilic addition with aldehydes and ketones?
- Oxidising agent