1. What isn't a use of phenol?
- Azo dyes
- Preparation of pharmaceuticals
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the name of the white precipitate formed when phenol reacts with bromine?
- 1, 2 - dibromophenol
- 2, 4, 6 - tribromophenol
- Phenol doesn't react with bromine
3. What would you see if bromine is added to cyclohexene?
- Orange precipitate
- Decolourises bromine
- White precipitate
4. Which is not a piece of evidence that disproves Kekule's structure of Benzene?
- High melting point
- The carbon - carbon bond lengths
- Low reactivity
- Enthalpy change of hydrogenation
5. Which gas is produced when phenol reacts with a reactive metal?
- Water vapour
- Carbon dioxide