1. What does H- ion act as in a nucleophilic addition with aldehydes and ketones?
- Oxidising agent
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which is not a piece of evidence that disproves Kekule's structure of Benzene?
- Low reactivity
- Enthalpy change of hydrogenation
- High melting point
- The carbon - carbon bond lengths
3. What would you see if bromine is added to cyclohexene?
- White precipitate
- Decolourises bromine
- Orange precipitate
4. What is the name of the salt formed when phenol reacts with sodium hydroxide
- Phenol benzoate
- Sodium phenoxide
- Sodium benzoate
5. What is the name of the white precipitate formed when phenol reacts with bromine?
- 2, 4, 6 - tribromophenol
- Phenol doesn't react with bromine
- 1, 2 - dibromophenol