1. Uses of CaCO3
- neutralises acids.
- neutralises soil and acidic gases from power stations preventing acid rain.
- looking nice.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What do most metals exist as:
- metal hydroxides
- metal oxides
- pure metals
- metal carbonates
3. Testing for carbon dioxide:
- relights glowing splint
- turns limewater milky/cloudy
- squeaky pop test
4. Dangers of chlorine:
- smells GROSS
- toxic gas, gas leaks can kill lots of people, burst gas pipes leading to gas leaks, explosions due to an excess of pressure
- can make your eyes sting when used in swimming pools
5. What does carbon neutral mean:
- only takes in carbon dioxide through photosynthesis
- it takes in as much carbon dioxide by photosynthesis than it releases when it is burnt
- produces no carbon dioxide at all