1. which of these is not true about isolated systems?
- An example is a biological live system.
- A system which does not exchange matter or energy
- It can spontaneous pass to the most probable state.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is a catabolic pathway in terms of Gibbs energy?
- Change in Gibbs < 0 exergonic pathways eg biosynthesis
- Change in Gibbs < 0 exergonic pathways eg degradation of nutrients to obtain available energy
- Change in Gibbs > 0 endogonic pathways eg degradation of nutrients to obtain available energy
- Change in Gibbs > 0 endogonic pathways eg biosynthesis
3. Which of these biochemical reactions does not require energy?
- Passive transport of ions and molecules
- Synthesis of biological compounds
- Maintainence of temp
- Motion - muscle work
- Electrical activity of the nervous system
4. If Pressure volume work is done BY the system and heat is absorbed then the equation will be?
- Change in U = Change in Enthalpy - p(Change in V)
- Change in U = Change in Enthalpy + W
- Change in U = W + p(Change in V)
5. Which of these statement aren't true about steady state? (about biological systems
- It is an equilibrium of input and output of substances/energy
- Gibbs is not minimum and chnage in gibbs is approx constant
- The equation is at equilibrium
- Entropy is not in maximum but change in entropy is apprx. constant
- System produces work and is irreversible
- The thermodynamic system is open