1. Which of these is not standard state?
- 298 K
- 273 C
- 101 325 Pa
- 1 mol/l
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. In terms of the system - change in H > 0 - means...
- That the system has gained energy (exothermic)
- That the system has gained energy (endothermic)
- That the system has lost energy (endothermic)
- That the system has lost energy (exothermic)
3. Which of these is not a feature of spontaneous reaction?
- An e.g osmosis, expansion of compressed gas
- During Spontaneous process - the total energy increases
- When spontaneous reaction proceeds - energy is released
- The reversion of the sponstaneous process is unreal
- Spontaneous reaction proceeds until equilibrium is reached
4. Which of these systems is incorrect?
- Closed system - Matter and energy not exchanged with the surroundings
- Open System - exchange of matter and energy with the surroundings
- Isolated system - Matter and energy not exchanged with the surroundings
5. Which of these statements is not related to entropy
- Change in S> change in H / T
- At equlibrium entropy always decreases in an isolated sytsem
- Inequality of Clausius - (when energy changes form- some part is lost as entropy)
- Entropy never decreases in an isolated system
- An Isolated system spontaneously passes to the most probable state (a macroscopic state with the highest no. of microscopic state)
- Entropy increases until equilibrium is reached in an isolated system
- S= Kb ln W