1. Which of these is NOT an expression for Change in Gibbs energy?
- ΔG = ΔU + QW
- ΔG=−nFE (Faraday's constant for redox reactions)
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is a catabolic pathway in terms of Gibbs energy?
- Change in Gibbs < 0 exergonic pathways eg degradation of nutrients to obtain available energy
- Change in Gibbs > 0 endogonic pathways eg degradation of nutrients to obtain available energy
- Change in Gibbs < 0 exergonic pathways eg biosynthesis
- Change in Gibbs > 0 endogonic pathways eg biosynthesis
3. Which of these statements is not related to entropy
- Entropy increases until equilibrium is reached in an isolated system
- Entropy never decreases in an isolated system
- An Isolated system spontaneously passes to the most probable state (a macroscopic state with the highest no. of microscopic state)
- Change in S> change in H / T
- At equlibrium entropy always decreases in an isolated sytsem
- S= Kb ln W
- Inequality of Clausius - (when energy changes form- some part is lost as entropy)
4. Why does in liquids the Change in U approximately equals to Change in H when volume pressure work occcurs?
- Because energy in solids is negligible
- Because pressure in solids is negligible
- Because pressure in liquids is negligible
- Because energy in liquids is negligible
5. Which of the equations is Boltzmann constant used for?
- For absolute value of Energy
- For absolute value of Entropy
- For absolute value of Enthalpy