1. Which of these is not standard state?
- 1 mol/l
- 101 325 Pa
- 273 C
- 298 K
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the difference between Macrostate and microstate of a system?
- Macrostate is defined by parameters (eg.pressure, temp, number of phases) and microstate is defined by thermodynamics (the position and velocity of the particles and distribution of energy between them)
- Macrostate is defined by thermodynamics (the position and velocity of the particles and distribution of energy between them) and microstate is defined by parameters (eg.pressure, temp, number of phases)
3. Which of these does change in Gibbs energy NOT depend on?
- On their chemical constitutions
- Concentration of reactants and products
- The useful work
- Temperature and pressure
- Change in entropy and enthalpy
4. Which of these does chemical thermo dynamics does not analyse?
- The direction of a reaction
- The spontaniety of chemical reaction
- Changes in total energy of the system when a chemical reaction has taken place.
5. Which of these statements is not related to entropy
- Entropy never decreases in an isolated system
- Entropy increases until equilibrium is reached in an isolated system
- Change in S> change in H / T
- S= Kb ln W
- At equlibrium entropy always decreases in an isolated sytsem
- Inequality of Clausius - (when energy changes form- some part is lost as entropy)
- An Isolated system spontaneously passes to the most probable state (a macroscopic state with the highest no. of microscopic state)