1. What is a reverse osmosis?
- Filtration of solution using external pressure through semipermeable membrane which can retain solute so a pure solution can be obtained
- Is the hydrostaic pressure by difference in water potential. It is the osmotic flow of a solvent from high concentration to low concentration though semi permeable membrane.
- Colloid osmotic pressure (osmotic pressure of a colloid solution eg. cytosol, blood plasma)
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these do not affect equilibrium?
- Pressure (if moles differ in products and reactants)
3. Which of these statements about equilibrium constant is not true?
- Kc = [C}^c[D]^d divided by [A]^a[B]^b
- Kc is dimensionless
- if K>1 Reactants prevails products (if K is very low reaction may not occur)
- if K>1 products prevails reactants (if K is very high then it maybe irreversible
4. What is the equation for ionic strenght?
- I= 0.5 (sum of the conc of ions and (charge of ions)^2)
- aB =YB(activity coefficient) x ConcB
5. When th reaction Quotient and rate constant is compared it is used to determine?
- The spontaneity of a chemical reaction.
- The direction of the reaction
- expresses the energy that can be converted during chemical reaction to useful (non pressure volume) work.